A WOW! :)

BabyRuth2u
on 1/12/07 7:37 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
I did it! I got a permanent position at the place I've been temping at for the past 9 weeks. They made me the offer yesterday and I accepted. I went in there with the agency as a temp for 2 to maybe 5 weeks while they were trying to fill a different position than I actually got. From day one I loved it there and just sort of fit in. I ended up doing very little of the job I went in there for, and more of filling in for the receptionist who over this time got terminated and then assisting the manager of the human resources dept. After helping her for a week she came to me and asked if i was interested in full time that she liked my work and was interested in me. She said she needed to post the position, do some interviews etc with others and me and then decide, but she liked what she saw, nothing definate at that point, but she said she was interested in me. Well the weeks passed, i got my interview and she did a few, mind you I think she did 4. LOL Think she had her mind made up. So the weeks had gone by and I was really liking the job and I guess impressing her more because yesterday I got the job offer. I think she was more thrilled than I was. LOL She was beaming. I call this a wow because I think having lost 150 lbs and looking better and certainly feeling better has contributed to my getting this position. I've always done well, had jobs but never really got to where I wanted, and as in alot of cases feeling it was due to my weight. But I went to this company a new person ( at least looks wise, I feel the same inside), I know I felt better every day getting up, no aches, no pains, no feeling sick that I couldn't go to work. So I never missed a day in over 9 weeks, was full of energy, bright and cheery and that with my past experience and skills got me the job. It is a great opportunity, it's more money than I've ever made, or thought I would make and in a whole new area that I've never worked in. She wasn't concerned that I hadn't worked in HR before, they will send me to classes and train me along the way. So Im so excited for this amazing opportunity, I had to share!!!
Jeani46
on 1/12/07 11:01 pm - Lancaster, CA
RNY on 03/27/06 with
Congrats Ruth Ann! Its always nice to work somewhere that you dont dread going to everyday! Good For you! Jeani
Rick A.
on 1/13/07 12:29 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, Good for you. It's great for others to see your true potential when in the past they might not have been able to get past all of the extra insulation we used to carry. You showed them you would be great for the job and they are lucky to have you. There's nothing better then going to a job you enjoy and where you are appriciated for your abilities. Life is good, Rick
luckycat1
on 1/13/07 3:54 am - Cincinnati, OH
Congrads RuthAnn that is awesome.
Lauren003
on 1/13/07 9:25 am - , NC
Oh Ruth Ann! I'm so thrilled for you!!! It's amazing how this surgery not only changes our eating habits but our entire lives! What a confidence boost! *high five*
ooh-lala
on 1/13/07 12:19 pm - Great Bend, KS
Congratulations Ruth Ann! What a great way to start the new year! Laura
RebekaA
on 1/14/07 4:33 am - Inland Empire, CA
That's awesome. I'm really happy for you.
~ Stylz ~
on 1/14/07 6:27 am - North of Boston, MA
CONGRATULATIONS
robinsaxton
on 1/16/07 12:27 am - Columbia, MD
I am so happy for you Ruth Ann. When we feel better not only physically (no aches & pains) but also mentally and emotionally, it shows. I know that most of my friends and even my husband have told me that I seem so much happier, calmer, more at peace and more outgoing than before. Congratulations!!!! Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views