Lose the bat wings...

jennb40
on 1/29/07 8:41 pm - Nashua, NH
I came across this exercise suggested for those wanting to lose the wings, to build muscle strength in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass it on. The article suggested doing it three days a week. Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room at each side. With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a full minute, then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit longer. After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then 50-lb. potato sacks, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a 100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full minute. Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks. Sorry....just couldn't resist!!! Barb... ya!
Tamara L.
on 1/29/07 10:37 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
:haha: :haha: :haha: Barbara.....that was so funny!! I was thinking you were Wonder Woman if you could lift all that weight. It took a minute for the last line to sink in! You are one wild and crazy gal! Too funny! (I needed that!) Tamara
Darlene X
on 1/29/07 10:45 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Yup... thats an isometric workout--- holding a muscle in place for a period of time. Hubby loves isometric's... there is a work out DVD that everyone raves about on the main forum called Chicometrics... which is based on those same principles of an isometric workout.
jennb40
on 1/29/07 10:54 pm - Nashua, NH
Darlene...this was a joke!!!! You hold the potatoe bags...without the potatoes! I wi****hought I could hold 100 pounds in EACH hand!!!!! I do the Chicometrics - we do it twice a week and it does seem to help! Have a nice day!!!!
Darlene X
on 1/29/07 11:00 pm - Maricopa, AZ
I knew the 100lbs was a joke... I was just saying that this would be an effective work out You just couldn't work your way up to 100lbs LOL
miminjoey
on 1/29/07 11:00 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
LOL!!! too funny...i needed that this morning!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/07 11:07 pm - PA
Too funny! My arms are so weak I was thinking it would take me FOREVER to get past the 5 pound weights!! Kathy
~ Stylz ~
on 1/30/07 12:07 am - North of Boston, MA
i was reading it thinking... this works??? then I got to the adding potatoes part!! too funny! if only getting rid of bat wings was that easy Super busy at work and stressed like crazy, thanks for the laugh girl!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views