I para-sailed in Cancun!

headparrot
on 12/29/06 12:29 am - Ponca City, OK
One thing on my pre-op list of things to do after WLS was para-sailing. I had always wanted to try it, but there is no way I would have tried strapping my fat ass into one of those harnesses back then. So I'd always come up with excuses, and sit on the beach, envious of my friends up in the air. Well, we went to Cancun a few weeks ago, and I was able to cross it off my list. It was every bit the ru****hought it would be. It was surprisingly peaceful up there. While I was in the air, it all hit me how incredibly my life has changed in less than a year, and I couldn't help but tear up a little. Pics of me in the air on my profile. Here's to us all crossing many more things off our to-do lists in 2007. Happy New Year to you all. Scott M.
luckycat1
on 12/29/06 12:41 am - Cincinnati, OH
wow that is all I can say I always wanted to bungie jump but....I freaking afraid of heights!. looked fun. your pictures are amazing the transformation within less then a year is awesome. Happy New Year MJ
headparrot
on 12/29/06 1:00 am - Ponca City, OK
Thanks Marlean. You're on your own with the bungie jump. I'm afraid parasailing is about as adventurous as I care to get. Bungie is a little extreme for me. Happy New Year to you as well. Scott
RebekaA
on 12/29/06 3:41 am - Inland Empire, CA
Beautiful pics! Sounds/looks awesome! Good for you for crossing it off your list! We all deserve days/experiences like that. I've always wanted to sky dive--in THEORY. Not sure if i really want to leap out of plane willingly.
A_brand_new_me
on 12/29/06 5:05 am - NC
Awesome! That is great you were able to do it. Susan- Wife to J, Mom to A & Nurse to babies Lap RNY - 3/23/06 5' 3 3/4" Highest- 242/ Surgery- 231/ Current- 130/ Goal- 130
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/29/06 8:34 pm - My Town, NH
Scott, what a wonderful way to celebrate your success! The pictures are great. Thanks for sharing. Parasailing is on my list as well. It must have been such a fabulous feeling to cross something like that off your list. Happy New Year! - Stephanie
Tamara L.
on 1/1/07 6:40 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Woohoo! So cool! The pictures are gorgeous....and you, my darlin, are looking marvelous! How wonderful it is to be marking off our to-do lists that we wondered about whether we would ever actually achieve them or not! Congrats to you and I look forward to hearing about more things achieved on your list this year! Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views