Exciting/shocking news

Shari B.
on 12/29/06 3:57 am - Roseville, MI
Hello my marcher friends! It was confirmed by my doctor today that I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant! WOW is what we are still saying. We are extremely happy despite the timing. Ideally, I had wanted to wait another year so I could get to my goal weight(34 more pounds) and be better able to take in more food to nourish the baby. What can we do though, it happened and it's in God's hands. I have an appointment next week at the OB's and with my bariatric surgeon to talk about a nutrition plan, vitamins, etc. I talked to the Dr. today and they said to eat 6 meals a day vs. 3 and to make sure when I do eat it's nutritious. So I really have to try to eat what I know is nutritious despite those weird pregnancy cravings. It's strange the past week or so my stomach has been growling which hasn't happened since surgery. I worry about getting enough in, but I'm working on it. I'm hopeful that I can gain minimal weight over the course of the pregnancy, but will do whatever I can to ensure the baby is healthy too. Thank you for letting me share our exciting news. We have decided to not tell family other than my parents and brother, until I'm 3 months along. It's going to be so hard. Especially to keep it from our daughters(3 & 8). I think it's best though for now. Hugs, Shari
luckycat1
on 12/29/06 4:11 am - Cincinnati, OH
congrat!
Shari B.
on 12/29/06 9:11 am - Roseville, MI
Thanks so much!
Darlene X
on 12/29/06 4:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
Lucky... Hopefully I can join you soon...
Shari B.
on 12/29/06 9:12 am - Roseville, MI
I hope so too Darlene! It would be great to have a marcher buddy to travel this time with.
A_brand_new_me
on 12/29/06 5:04 am - NC
Congrats to you. Wish I could be a due date buddy.... Susan- Wife to J, Mom to A & Nurse to babies Lap RNY - 3/23/06 5' 3 3/4" Highest- 242/ Surgery- 231/ Current- 130/ Goal- 130
Shari B.
on 12/29/06 9:13 am - Roseville, MI
Thank you so much!
ooh-lala
on 12/29/06 8:20 am - Great Bend, KS
Congratulations Shari!
Shari B.
on 12/29/06 9:14 am - Roseville, MI
Thank you Laura!!
BabyRuth2u
on 12/29/06 1:34 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations Shari!!!