Has it stopped forever??

(deactivated member)
on 12/26/06 3:50 pm - Phoenix, AZ
My RNY was March 13th 2006. I have lost 101 pounds. My weight loss has stopped, I mean COMPLETLY Stopped! I havent lost anything since September... I am scared I have failed... I really wanna lose another 30 pounds, but its just not coming off, I havent gained anything either, but I cant lose anymore... HELP! Please!
ooh-lala
on 12/26/06 8:14 pm - Great Bend, KS
K, I know what you are going through is probably very frustrating. Can you give us an idea of what you are eating? Are you keeping track of the calories you consume each day? What about protein? Water? Are you getting the recommended amounts? Are you exercising? If so, what type of exercise and duration? Happy New Year! Laura
Pat T.
on 12/26/06 9:13 pm - Rome, NY
I have been having the same worries. What I have figured out is that I am not exercising enough and not eating the right foods. It is up to me at this point, my surgery has taken me as far as it can, and now I have choices to make. I know I definitely need to stay away from carbs, especially because they usually make me nauteous afterward! I also have not been to curves in a month. I can only speak from my experience, but I would think we are in the same boat... Starting today, I will be having protein drink for breakfast and go back to little or no carbs until I get that last 25 pounds off! I am also going to be wearing a pedometer and shoot for 15000 steps a day when I cannot get to Curves! What would you like to try?
Tamara L.
on 12/26/06 10:14 pm - Winston-Salem, NC
I have been in the same boat! Since October I have been losing the same 10 pounds back and forth......lose 2, gain 1, lose 3, gain 3.....soooooo frustrating. I have lost 100 pounds since 3-21-06. I get about a mile of informal walking everyday in my job, but I have not formally done any planned exercise. Last week I started keeping my food diary again and added a couple days of Leslie Sansone walking aerobic sessions. Well.....this morning I step on the scale and have lost 4 more pounds! FINALLY losing again! I am going to definitely focus on more exercise to keep me on track! Good luck to you--You will find your path....and it WILL begin again! Tamara
Darlene X
on 12/26/06 11:06 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Everyone has bought up good points.... are you tracking calories? exercising? Getting enough protein? Water etc... if you honestly evaluated your eating habits now how are they? The last 30lbs are normally a killer to get off... hence there is a book out there called "Losing the last 30lbs"..... also I am a believer sometimes our bodies get to a weight where they are happy... we may "want" to lose more weight, but our body is telling us they like where they are--- now you can always counter act that with a lot of exercise and hard work... I have 22lbs left to go, which is moving off very slowly.... I find I lose some inches and my weight stalls, then i'll lose 3-5lbs in the month if Im lukcy... I need to get back on track though cause Christmas was bad...
~ Stylz ~
on 12/27/06 5:34 am - North of Boston, MA
Since most of us are in the same boat and the new year is approaching, maybe its time we get back on track with everything.. exercise, food, protein, small portions, etc, etc.. Ruth Ann, how bout the exercise posts again after Jan 1? Darlene, care to start the what did you eat today post up again or maybe someone want to take the reins on the daily journal? 17 lbs to goal and would love to get there for my surgiversary!!
luckycat1
on 12/27/06 7:23 am - Cincinnati, OH
everyone has made great suggestions. if you are not tracking your food start now and get int the water and vits as well. start exercising even if it is for a few min at a time. I bet you are losing inches. I agree with Stylz I think we all need to go back to the basics. The only bad thing I did this holiday was to eat Darlene's Pumpkin Cheese cake--Darlene you are evil--but in a good way. Man that stuff is so good. It is calling my name right now but pouchie does not like when I eat it. I can post the exercise challenge is Ms Ruth can not. I do hope she wants to because she has so much to say and she is such an insighful person. One of the other boards I got to sometimes will do a thing called the protein train. Basically all you do is eat protein, drink water and exercise. You have to limit your carbs and fat intake. MJ
Darlene X
on 12/27/06 10:45 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am EVILLLLLL evil I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/27/06 10:36 pm - My Town, NH
You've had great suggestions from everyone. We know you can do it! Keep your chin up and stay focused and that silly scale will start to move again. - Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 12/29/06 4:29 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Yes I do keep track of what I eat. My Dr says I a not eating enough when I showed my daily menu. Its so hard for me to eat, anything dense gets stuck and I throw up. But Im trying. Dr says for me to eat more "good" calories, drink more water and excersize. Its so great to have you all give me such positive replies. THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views