A GREAT WOW MOMENT

kerritomy
on 12/21/06 9:05 pm - johnston, RI
Hi everyone how are we all today? I am wonderful. Yesterday I had a meeting for work I am a general manager for a restaurant (friendly's ice cream corp.) well this meeting took place with all the general managers in the region not just my district and some people from the corporate world. I am also a training general manager so I know these corporae people like my regional vice president etc. Well do you know that all last night I had people coming up to me and reading my name tag to introduce themselves to me and upon reading the name they couldn't believe that it was me not a new person with the same name some of these people knew I was out of work on a leave but didn't have any idea why. As happy as I was to know that these people that know me really did not recognize me I still can not get used to the people making such a big ordeal about it I feel very uncomfortable on the outside on the inside I am like wow can't believe that they don't know who I am. How weird is that I have known these people for 6 years and up until March have seen these people at least every 3 months for quarterly meeting and training sessions which I am one of the lead trainers wo ho could they not recognize me? Well enough for now have a great day kerri happy holidays and a healthy new year
miminjoey
on 12/21/06 9:53 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
OH I love those wows I had that happen 2 times and it just blows my mind and makes me float on cloud nine for a few days! Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/22/06 12:14 am - My Town, NH
Kerri, it certainly seems that others think I have changed more than I think I have. People who don't see me daily often react strongly to the changes in my appearance. I picked my stepson up from the airport last night. He hadn't seen me since May. He was shocked. I really didn't think I had changed that much since May. But, maybe I have. Maybe someday we'll see what they see! That is a great WOW moment for you. Enjoy it! Have a great day! - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 12/22/06 12:58 am - Inland Empire, CA
I'm like that too. All (any) attention makes me a little uncomfortable. I mean, I appreciate the supportive people and comments. But all the focus on looks just gets my hackles up b/c society is so obssessed with looks! And it's like ok, I was fat, now I'm not--so what?!? I'm still ME. I'm glad you had a great day though. Just try to take it as positive encouragement on how good you're doing. Have a great day.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views