OOPS For my sister :0)

miminjoey
on 12/19/06 9:33 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok I completly for got to post this....Last weeek I had my surgery and everything went great! I was even back at the school that afternoon to finish up some things. I did have lots of cramping and some mild bleeding but compared to WLS it was a BREEZE! My doctor said she was pretty sure she got everything and she even thought it went smoother then what she expected...my appointment was at 11...I was out the door and on my ay home at 12...cervix isn't that big you know....anyway she did say depending on how the test results come back if I want to consider a hesterctomy we could talk about it...may not have a choice...however I had asked years ago and they said no because I was too young...Well now that I am going on 34 and my husband has had a vesectomy and my youngest is 6, I guess they see we really don't want any more children and this is my 3 time with the cancer. My thought is take it all out and there is nothing left for the cancer to grow on right? I will not miss it, I will not feel less then a whole woman LOL! Anyway, thanks so much for all your prayers adn well wishes....apparently they worked!!! i will not get teh results for several weeks they said...they send them off to some lab and then that lab sends me the results by certified letter....so will let you know when i know! Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/19/06 11:16 pm - My Town, NH
Mimi, we're so glad things went well! I'll continue to send thoughts and prayers for good test results. You're definitely a whole woman. Though, there is less of you in the last nine months! Hugs, Stephanie
RebekaA
on 12/20/06 1:22 am - Inland Empire, CA
Glad to hear it went well and you're feeling good Mimi! I'm sending you continued prayers and good wishes for the results! Getting a hysterectomy seems like a good bet, esp. since this is a recurring issue with you, but be careful with all the hormones you have to take after. It took my mom FOREVER to find which ones worked for her and in the meantime her moods were all over the place b/c of the hormones. Take care and let us know when you hear
robinsaxton
on 12/20/06 3:25 am - Columbia, MD
Mimi, I am glad that things went well. I'll continue to pray for good test results. Keep hanging in there. By the way, I really like your new avatar. You are beautiful. Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 12/20/06 3:56 am - PA
I am glad thatyou are feeling better. I don't know if I told you, but I love that dress! You should definitely keep it and have it altered to fit you as you shrink. Its beautiful. If not, send it to me. I'll take it. Kathy
luckycat1
on 12/20/06 10:40 am - Cincinnati, OH
glad the surgery went well. take care
BabyRuth2u
on 12/20/06 11:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi Mimi, glad to hear things went well. Wishing you speedy recovery and you'l be in our thoughts.
Shari B.
on 12/20/06 8:22 pm - Roseville, MI
Mimi, So glad to hear the surgery went well. You will continue to be in my prayers. I hope you and your family have a great Christmas! Hugs, Shari 340/207/170
jennb40
on 12/20/06 8:53 pm - Nashua, NH
'Bout time we heard from you! Seriously, I am so glad everything was ok with your surgery. And if you have to have a hysterectomy at a later date....the good news is Aunt Flo LEAVES the building!!!! Glad you're ok....from you sister from another mother! Hugs, Barbara
Beckers
on 1/2/07 5:36 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Mimi- I'm so glad you're ok. Rebecca M. 269/163/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!