weekend of wows...post yours

miminjoey
on 12/17/06 9:35 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I had an awsome weekend.....out of the blue hubby was being all lovey dovey....and he goes..."I like it when I wrap my arms around you and my elbows meet, that's cool" then for the 1st time since we've been married...yep 1st time....he picked me up!! Woo hoo how cool is that...but wait that wasn't the best thing....my girlfriend came home from Korea for her mid tour break...came to the door and asked, is Mimi here, and was dead seriouse! I about fell out laughing. She left 3 weeks after I had my surgery and I had not been sending her pictures wanted it to be a surprise...well I guess it was! Mimi So come on give me your wows!
robinsaxton
on 12/17/06 10:49 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Mimi, Those are great wows! What an inspiring weekend for you. Congratulations. You look amazing! I just posted my wow for the weekend, reaching 101 lbs lost on my 9 month anniversary! It is so cool that our hubby's are excited to be able to wrap their arms all the way around us. I just love it. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/18/06 8:16 am - My Town, NH
Mimi, those are great WOWs! Congrats on being twirled around and on be UNrecognizable! Sounds like a great weekend! - Stephanie
Lauren003
on 12/19/06 4:53 am - , NC
Those are wows! I'm nowhere near being able to be airborn or having his elbows touch (that's hard to even imagine!) but I've had my own little personal wows lately. We've been roller skating which was a wow for the not breaking a bone factor but also for having the courage to go in public and put myself in such a vulnerable position around obnoxious kids. Also we've been going bowling which I don't enjoy particularly (though the kids do) but have avoided for years because I couldn't fit my feet into the shoes anymore and didn't want to feel like a circus side-show. I don't feel so out of place anymore and even got flirted with yesterday after making eye contact and smiling at someone. I guess looking at someone in the eyes in a friendly manner is attractive! I had forgotten that after looking downward for so many years. Just the simple things that normies take for granted are the little joys in my life. The great thing is that they seem to come so often now!
luckycat1
on 12/19/06 8:33 am - Cincinnati, OH
you go girl! my wow this weekend was having some complete stranger offer to buy my latte at Starbucks. I could never turn down a free latte. mj
RebekaA
on 12/20/06 3:28 am - Inland Empire, CA
Mine was at the supermarket when I was paying and forgot one item, the cashier was going to send the bagger to get it and i said I'd do it--and w/o thinking I proceeded to RUN all the way to the end of the store and RUN back! And I made it back w/o panting! I haven't run in YEARS, I wouldn't have dreamed of it! it's just one of those things you forget, you know? It struck me how awesome it was to run and not feel everything flapping and jiggling. Before I couldn't even make it one block w/o getting winded! It's the little things that bring home how far we've come.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views