Stylz, Thank you!

Mama-of-3
on 12/14/06 12:06 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Ah, thank you for remembering about my eye surgery. It was done on Nov 27th and it was the most upsetting, horrifying, most traumatic thing I have ever been through. Worse than my g/b, worse than giving birth, worse than getting my two teeth extracted. NEVER AGAIN! I had to get the growth removed but what I didn't know was that I would be sedated to where I couldn't move, but awake to follow the dr's instructions on moving my eye this way and that way. It was horrific! I had to get a needle put directly into my eye just to numb it like they do at the dentist. They did it the old fashioned way of operating, with a cauterizer, burning it, seeing him pull it off and then cutting it and then the worst part I had to see him sewing my eye. I had so many stitches put in that as of today I still have two that have not dissolved. He wanted to remove them yesterday but I begged him not too. I just cannot go through that pain ever again. It was so incredibly painful. I had to keep my eye patched up then I had to wear the fashionable Ray Charles glasses then tons of ointment and drops in my eye per day. As of today, it is sore but I finally got the ok to use eye makeup again. Everyone who knows me, knows that I DO NOT deal well without eye makeup. I love my eye makeup and I have felt naked for the last few weeks. But in all honest, it was so painful that I just dealt with it. I hope this stuff doesn't grow back because I just cannot go through this pain ever again. For someone who hated and dreaded having to see the denitst, I now love the dentist and wont EVER again complain about going to the dentist. During the first 48 hours after surgery I swear I could have drank gasoline and lit myself on fire and been happy! LOL Mark my words. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!! According to the doctor my eye is healing really well and he doesn't think it will grow back. =) Trish
jennb40
on 12/14/06 8:00 pm - Nashua, NH
Trish - so sorry about all your trauma. Somewhere along the way I must have missed it that you were having eye surgery. It sounds so painful. Glad you are doing ok and have the eye makeup back!!!! I do hope Mimi did ok Wednesday with her surgery. We need to be here to support each other in all areas of our lives. Anyway, hope you are doing ok....hugs - Barbara
Mama-of-3
on 12/15/06 3:21 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Thank you Barbara, It is great having a great support system online. =) You guys are the best. trish
Lauren003
on 12/14/06 8:35 pm - , NC
It's strange you mentioned this because I was just wondering the same thing yesterday! I can't believe how horrible it is! Modern medicine as advanced as it has become can't come up with a better way than to have the patient AWAKE?? That's just cruel. Have you noticed a change in your vision yet? You said that you had partial blindness, right? Was this supposed to correct that or just prevent it from progressing?
Mama-of-3
on 12/15/06 3:28 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Ah, Thanks for thinking of me. Well my eye sight is perfect and has always been. I didn't have blindness at all, but the ptyergium was growing onto the brown part of my eye and when I would look toward the side I would see blurry so that is why they had to remove it. He wanted it off before it actually grew onto my pupil in which case I wouldn't be able to see anything but a cloudy mess. I can only hope it doesn't grow back! Trish
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/15/06 12:52 am - My Town, NH
Trish, I'm so sorry that your eye surgery was painful! Ugh! I'm glad it is healing well and that you are feeling better. I can totally relate on the eye makeup thing! Hugs, Stephanie
Mama-of-3
on 12/15/06 3:30 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Hi Steph! Boy was I happy to use my makeup again! For the first time in the last few weeks people actually said I looked good! LOL Before I would get the "are you feeling ill" "are you ok? LOL Nobody sees me without makeup except my family. HAHAHA I love makeup. Trish
~ Stylz ~
on 12/17/06 4:26 am - North of Boston, MA
Trish sorry you had to go through that pain! I know a family with 10 siblings and all of them have eye issues. I took one of them in for eye laser surgery and the whole trip home she told me how painful the proceedure and recovery already was! I felt so bad for her I'm glad you are starting to feel better
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views