Erik-The Biggest Loser

Mama-of-3
on 12/13/06 11:08 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Who watched the season finale last night? OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!! Erik looked totally AMAZING!!!!!!!!! He lost 214 pounds. Is that show taped over a years time or less? Being that Heather was 5 months pregnant at the end of the taping and she got pregnant after leaving the ranch I could only assume it was maybe a years time? I just CANNOT believe the difference in Poppy from New Jersey who went from a size 22 to a size 2 and won 25,000.00 ! Amazing amazing amazing. They all looked gorgeous!!!! I just loved watching that show, it was so inspiring!
jennb40
on 12/13/06 11:32 pm - Nashua, NH
That is an amazing show, but it must take place over perhaps a years time. They sure can't lose that weight in a 3 month period! Funny - we were talking about that show the other day at work - one of my unit's employee and a lady from another unit that I barely know. She started our conversation with telling me how great I look and how much weight had I lost. I told her and she said how did you lose it? I told her I had the gastric bypass surgery - then she started talking about the Biggest Loser and made this statement...."they really work hard to lose their weight and they don't take the easy way out by having the surgery you did". Was that insensitive or WHAT?!!!! Of course as she made her statement from her 98 pound teeny tinny body that never saw a fat gram....how would she possibly know what was easy or not? Sometimes you just have to "grin and bear it" when such unknowledgeable people decide to open their mouths! I just let it go - what purpose would it have served to educate her?! Anyway - that show is inspirational. Barbara
Mama-of-3
on 12/14/06 12:07 am - Philadelphia area, PA
It always ****** me off when someone says what that lady said to you! We need to come up with a good comeback! It isn't easy but your right, HOW would she know? GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!
miminjoey
on 12/14/06 9:41 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
That's when you say yeah they didn't have any medical problems...because they can't to beon the show....the screen them before hand.....and they didn't have to have umteen stitches have their insides rerouted, have to drink nothing but straight fluid for 2 months and then still puke half that back up, go in and have half their blood drained once every 3 months, take a psych eval before had to make sure they weren't crazy, follow up with a nut to make sure they get in X amount of calories, protein, fat.....blah blah blah.....every freakin detail...so maybe then they will see oh ours wasn't so easy after all....and besides if just working out would work for us don't they think we would have done that instead of have $50,000 surgery GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! let me moveon to the next post LOL Mimi
Darlene X
on 12/14/06 1:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
I watched it, they all looked awesome... I couldn't believe the difference in Erik! Plus because they work out like crazy they had very little skin issues--- grrr, wish I was on such a strict workout plan--- I need to get off my butt. Yeah it has to be over a 12 month+ period.... they don't lose weight like that overnight Darlene
luckycat1
on 12/14/06 11:00 am - Cincinnati, OH
I missed it. I jus****ched the little 2 min. clips on line. Man they all do look amazing. Mrs. Barb, that is horrible that someone would say that to you. 1st having surgery is not the easy way out. Do people not know wth comes out of their mouths smetimes? Man I am getting just thinking about that comment. I think my comeback comment can not be printed on here lol.
BabyRuth2u
on 12/14/06 12:33 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
He did look amazing!! I cried/teared up a lot during the show. LOL It was just so AMAZING! Everyone this season did so fantastic. My understanding was that they are at the ranch for 3 months, then 3 months at home, but it looks like someone said on the main messageboard and then I recall they are correct, its 3 months on the ranch and 6 months at home. So that would explain Heathers pregnancy too. LOL DH and i were like how is she 5 months when she was at the ranch for 3 and home for 3? LOL It is inspiring! I felt like such slacker seeing how great they all looked. They do a lot of gym / workout training. I was feeling like I need to start really working out. Not that 3 up to 5 times a week at the gym isnt enough LOL But I think that I dont work hard enough. if I did then I'd look like them and I dont LOL I decided I need more weight bearing exercises and did actually work more on that tonight at the gym with DH. We'll see how it goes. I do know I felt some muscles when I came home I didnt know I had. But feel ok now, so didnt hurt anything too bad. LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views