What're you eating?

Lauren003
on 12/13/06 3:03 am - , NC
Like LaWanda I'm curious what/how much everyone is eating. I feel like I can't eat much, though I'm not sure if the 6ozs I should be eating means dense food or semi-soft. I can't eat much dense, maybe 1/3 cup of the precooked chicken or 1 egg or 3/4 of a Morningstar patty though can eat beans or chili easily. How much are all of you eating? And how do I make myself able to eat more without feeling totally pukey? I'm worried that's why I'm losing so quickly.
miminjoey
on 12/13/06 3:35 am - Fort Bragg, NC
well my nut still only wants me eatting 4 oz....meat I can eat 3 oz but nothing else soups I can eat 4 oz easily. 1 egg is all I can get in. burritos I can eat half a small shell with meat, beans lettuce, tomatoe, radish and cheese in it...so it's about 4 oz I can eat almost a whole happy meal size hamburger if I don't eat but half the bun I wouldn't worry about eatting more enjoy the small pouch while you can because it will stretch over time, keep eatting like you are suppose to. Mimi
Darlene X
on 12/13/06 4:27 am - Maricopa, AZ
I just had another increase in my ability to eat & my appetite, I feel like I can eat so much now! Every now and then things are put in perspective though... I can eat a whole deli wrap (homemade) using a small taco size whole wheat tortilla with deli meat, cheese & veggies in it. When made it really isn't big, but I feel like Im eating a whole lot... I was in a rush yesterday and grabbed a Ham & Cheese Lean Pocket for breakfast, I was able to eat 1/2 of one (I would eat 4 of those pre-surgery). I can probably do 3-4oz of chicken/meat now. With things been busy, Ive gone to our cafeteria @ work for lunch a few times, and got their Junior Hamburger with cheese (no bun), I am able to eat the whole meat pattie (It is a Jr burger so a smaller one- probably 3oz) with some lettuce, onion & pickles. 1 packet of low sugar oatmeal.... 1 egg scambled with meat, veggies & cheese..... Arghhh I can eat way too much... compared to some of you I am eating a ton... Darlene
KerryP
on 12/13/06 6:32 am - MA
I can eat about 2oz of tuna with a very small salad. I'm still unable to eat most types of chicken or red meat which is totally bumming me out. Most of my diet consists of yogurt, eggs, fish and protein shakes. I can get about 4oz into my stomach before I need to stop. I guess it's working, I'm down 60 pounds!
Lauren003
on 12/13/06 9:10 am - , NC
Okay, this makes me feel better.. I'm not far off of the mark.
BabyRuth2u
on 12/13/06 11:18 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Wow, sounds like im eating alot compared to what you gals are saying. Calorie wise ( I dont track it in fit day or anything, but I do know the calorie count pretty much off labels or my head) anyways, Im usually 900 to 1500 calories a day, which if I understand correctly should be about right. My typical day as of late is: Breakfast: 1 packet of organic oatmeal w/ about 5 almonds and splash of soy milk = approx 175 calories. Mid morning: Protein shake = 180 calories. Some nuts = 200 (break them up between morn and afternoon for snack) Lunch: I have lettuce or cut up broccli with about 1-1/2 ounces of cheese, grape tomatoes, onion and dressing. I dont count the veggies calories, so with dressing and cheese = approx. 200 calories. Dinner: Salad with some meat and dressing, or meat with quinoa. Calories would vary but usually allow 300 to 400 calories for dinner. Eve: have a protein shake 180 calories. Most nights with some more nuts which puts me up around 1500 on those days.
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/13/06 2:58 pm - My Town, NH
I seem to be eating a lot too. Here's my typical day: Breakfast: 1 package regular oatmeal with a sliced banana Lunch: 4 ounces deli meat, 2 wedges LC light cheese, 6 wheat crackers Dinner: 4 ounces of meat, 1/4 cup of vegetables and sometimes 1/4 cup of rice or potato I'll have a protein bar on the days that I work out at the gym and I always end the day with a NSA Fudgsicle. I average between 900 and 1,200 calories per day. Of course, if I eat out the totals are different. I try to make good choices when deviating from this plan. My nutritionist says that I'm doing everything right, but I'm not sure I believe her! I usually average about 100 grams of protein a day. She wants me to cut back on the protein and increase the vegetables but I'm afraid if I do that I'll be hungry more often and be tempted to snack more. Sigh. Sometimes it's so difficult to believe that I am doing the right thing when I made bad choices for so many years! - Stephanie
Lauren003
on 12/13/06 8:52 pm - , NC
See, this is more like how I think I should be eating. I just looked at my binder again and their plan says that since I'm in the 10th month I should eat 7 ounces of food, 3 with dense protein and the other 4 with other stuff. There's no way! I don't think I could eat the 3 ounces, much less 3 plus 4 of something else! I just feel like this is a bad cycle to drink so many protein drinks because I can't eat enough but without them I, of course, can't eat enough! I'm mostly worried, I think, because even tough I still have a long way to go, if my tummy isn't stretching out much now at 9 months post op, what will happen when I get closer to goal? Will I be able to eat enough to sustain myself then? I'm sure part of it is that I've never been thin so it's scary. I have no idea what it takes to maintain a healthy size and it seems like such a fine line between healthy and sickly which I'm not sure I can identify.
Lauren003
on 12/13/06 9:03 pm - , NC
Oh, BTW, I don't think I'd cut back on the protein either. You'll definitely get hungry again more quickly but I've noticed that even if I skip one shake a day, my weight loss stalls. Just keep doing what you're doing, it looks great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views