Anybody else already STRESSED???

RebekaA
on 12/11/06 12:23 pm - Inland Empire, CA
I don't get it. I'm way more "ahead" of the Xmas game this year than I have been in the past (thanks to my new energy. I've got most of the "must do's" checked off--EARLY even: (Decorations up, lights up, Cards out, ready for baking, shopping 90% done) and I'm still suddenly SO stressed out. It's sucking the joy out of it for me. I don't even know why, it's so stupid. I'm annoying myself just thinking about it. I think it's self imposed perfectionism, like if I don't do everything perfectly, it won't be Xmas. Anybody else? If not, how do you guys keep the focus on what's important, still have fun and not pressure yourselves?
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/11/06 6:31 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Rebeka. This is a tough one for me too. I get this way every year. It does seem to be worse this year due to my two classes. Ugh! I keep reminding myself that the only person that expects perfection from me is...me. I just feel so responsible to make Christmas nice for my family. I wish I had some tried and true trips for you. I just wanted you to know that you are not alone! Christmas will be wonderful. We'll take care of our families and everyone will be happy. Even if things (that includes you and me) aren't perfect! Have a great day and enjoy the best present we could have received...our health! Hugs, Stephanie
Lauren003
on 12/11/06 9:20 pm - , NC
Holy cow!! Look st you!! You both are so TINY! Wow! Whew! Okay.. You're doing so great, guys! This year for me, Christmas doesn't seem to be as stressful as other years. With my hospital stay and my daughter's, we can't afford store bought gifts for family. Instead we set aside a day to bake, bake, bake and make candy to send. It was so much fun for all of us to do and a lot less expensive. Less debt = less stress for me Today I'm going to go to Hobby Lobby to get some little kits for the kids to make things for eachother instead of them choosing a gift at a toy store. They'll have more fun and I know will be even more excited to give something that they created which is more in the spirit of the season anyway. The thing about Christmas is what people remember most are feeling loved and laughter. Everything else is just icing.
(deactivated member)
on 12/12/06 12:59 am - PA
I'm ahead as far as shopping goes, but I still have no decorations up (I'm lazy.) Most of my stress comes from actually being around my family. They are a regular bunch straight from Jerry Springer. This year I'm excited though. They haven't seen me since surgery. Also, the huge dosage of Prozac I'm on now may help a little too.... Kathy
Lauren003
on 12/12/06 1:20 am - , NC
AAAAh, I see. Well, nothing can help that then Just keep your happy pills close-by and the day will be over before you know it. Maybe their oogling over you will keep the crazy at bey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views