My Christmas Poem to MARCHers

jennb40
on 12/10/06 10:41 pm - Nashua, NH
For those of you not participating in the Christmas Card swap - here is my poem I wrote (or rather changed from "Twas The Night Before Christmas" to Twas The Year of Weight Loss") and mailed out...thought you might enjoy it! Barbara "TWAS THE YEAR OF WEIGHT LOSS" Twas the month before March (2006), when all through the house, We ate all the food we could find, saving none for a mouse. The food was filled in our pantries and refrigerators with care, We knew that all kinds of goodies would be lurking there! We ate all we could and went to our beds, Who said hunger is all in our heads? And knowing we couldn't even hold children in our laps, We all settled down for a final long nap! When out on the calendar there arose March (2006) with a clatter, We sprang from our beds knowing this month would matter! Away to the hospitals we flew like a flash, To have our gastric bypass surgeries in a dash!!!! The surgeries were good, as we all know, Visions of thinness soon we would show. When what to our wondering eyes would soon appear.... The sight of new bodies coming this year! With spouses, partners, friends and family so quick, To stand behind us and offer prayers we didn't get sick. More rapid than bullets our weight losses came, People would see the new us, but not remember our name! Now Fatty, now Lardbutt, and hey Tons of Fun, On Tubby, on Big Ass, on Big Ole Obese One, The names we once heard one and all, But then came the pounds lost...and we all stood tall! As March turned to April, May, June and July, We LOST all those pounds - AND had a new BMI! Of course all the many inches - they also flew, And before you knew it, we were all winners too! And then came the fall, we noticed we all had smaller hoofs, We could walk on top of our houses and not fall through the roofs! We knew our WLS had turned things all around, With the loss of every single (even just one!) pound! We all got dressed in new clothes from head to foot, We threw away all those big clothes, what a "hoot"! Newer smaller clothes we all had on our back, We no longer had to wear a "4X gunny sack"!!!! Our eyes how they twinkled, our dimples how merry! Our cheeks looked cute, our noses small as a cherry! Our little mouths puckered kisses to one and all, We were proud MARCHer's standing so tall! We made lots of changes, some even brightened their teeth, And our new found aura circled all of our heads like a wreath! We no longer had broad faces and the little round belly, When we laughed, it was like a sugar free bowl of jelly!!! We were no longer chubby and plump, but a skinny young (or old) elf, And we had to grin at our changes in spite of ourself! With winks of our eyes, and a twist of our head, We knew our new lifestyles were no longer anything to dread! We spoke many words, the MARCHer's forum is great work, Filled with much support from everyone, no one is a jerk! Up from all these changes new people arose, New bodies as perfect as a lovely rose! So we sprang from our old lifestyles with a whistle, And skinny we flew like the down of a thistle.... And we heard all the voices as we passed out of sight, Merry Christmas to us, we are looking so LIGHT!!!!
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/11/06 12:15 am - My Town, NH
I received my poem this weekend! I laughed, I cried, I smiled, I grinned. I think it deserves a pulitzer! Thanks for making my day. Hugs, Stephanie
luckycat1
on 12/11/06 12:57 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I received mine today. Thank you for making my day. MJ
Rick A.
on 12/11/06 1:32 pm - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thank you for your poem. It really struck home. I admit to being a sentimental lad. It nearly brought a tear to my eye. You have been and still are such a positive source of encouragement for each of us. Thank you, Thank you. May God bless you as much as you have blessed us. Life is good, Rick
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views