My "real" holiday pic. .LOL

BabyRuth2u
on 12/9/06 10:49 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
Got my pics up in my "Story" section from last nights party with DH's work. I put them there for comparison to before. I'm getting there!!! This is what I really look like for the holidays, though my fantasy Santa is turning a few heads it seems. LOL I've started getting some of my holiday greeting cards, they are great!! I actually beegan crying yesterday when reading the night before wls from Barb. I just started getting choked up at about 1/2 ways through and by time I was a third threw I could hardly speak and breath. Glad DH was there to hug me as I cried and finished. This year has been such a change in all of us so Im sure it mean that much to us all. DH and I were talking yesterday about how well I can get around, how I can go out in the cold air and not cough that I am able to breath.. He says, you know we were in denial. We kept blaming all the breathing problems,the coughing etc on my past bronchitis episodes that eventually got me to stop smoking almost 5 yrs ago now. Ever since that I had had that problem and I always denied it was the weight. It was killing me, slowly but surely. We took things for granted that we couldn't do, we made excuses for things that we didnt want to do them, or that it wasnt important if we couldnt. But it was all bad, we were just in denial. And I look at before pics and all I can do is just about cry, and sometime I do. Its like looking from a different angle now and its like WHAT DID I DO TO MYSELF? How did I let the happen? How did I not know I looked like that? Yes, I/we knew we were overweight, large, big, fat etc, but we could not see the extreme?? I feel so blessed this year, it is amazing, each and every day. I feel like every thing I do is a wow moment. I just amaze myself daily and I LOVE IT!!! HOpe everyone is having a great day! Im going to go do some browsing, shopping. Im finding the small supply of work clothes I have are getting too large and my options getting limited, so need a few things for work. Talk to you all later!
luckycat1
on 12/10/06 11:05 am - Cincinnati, OH
You look beautiful! That color really looks good on you. MJ
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/11/06 12:03 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, you look beautiful in your holiday attire!!! WOW! It's great that you are feeling so good as well. I never thought about how much my weight affected my daily functioning either. I am able to do so much more now! Strut your stuff and keep smiling! - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 12/11/06 5:52 am - Maricopa, AZ
WOW!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing difference!!! That colour does look amazing on you! Your beautiful! Darlene
RebekaA
on 12/11/06 7:26 am - Inland Empire, CA
You look beautiful. I love the outfit, very elegant!!! Glad you are feeling so great lately, you deserve it!
Lauren003
on 12/11/06 10:09 pm - , NC
You look beautiful in your outfit! And your husband is quite handsome. You two must have looked fantastic arm in arm. Can I say that I love your boots too!! I know they weren't your holiday pics but I just love them! I've never been able to pull them over my calves but hopefully in a year or so!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views