I'm finally overweight.

Rick A.
on 12/9/06 2:17 am - Far Northern, CA
Hello all, I did it, as of today I am officially under 30 bmi. It feels so good to be overweight and not super morbidly obese or just plain old obese. A question for you all, How did you determine your goal weight? Mine was determined by my nutritionist. She set it at a 80% loss of my excess weight. According to her I am 10 pounds from my goal. When I mentioned this to the surgeon, he said there is nothing wrong with shooting for a 100% loss of excess weight. I think I'll just continue along and see what happens. I hope you all have a great weekend and are happy with the paths your journey has taken you. Life is good, Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 12/9/06 3:16 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Congratulations!! Funny how being called overweight can make one feel great! good for you, keep up the great work!
Rick A.
on 12/9/06 3:29 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, I miss your daily move to lose posts. I hope your temp job is going well. Rick
BabyRuth2u
on 12/9/06 3:35 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Rick. I miss making them. But Im lucky I get myself there a time or two a week lately, by the time Im home I just dont feel like it. I only made it sadly one day last week. Two times the week before. So having a hard time keeping myself motivated. But I'm not going to stop thats for sure. Hopefully next week I'll do better. I think alot of it has to do with the cold lately. Its like once I get out of work and into the car I just want to get home and stay inside. LOL and also last wee****pt hovering at just over 200 and it didnt seem like the week before no matter what I did tht I wasnt going to move under 200. And.. if we want to get into the psychosis of it all, i have had some fear of getting under 200. it seems scarey in a way. As excited as I feel that I want to get there, the thought scares me. Ive never been under 200 LOL Make sense? Thanks again, have a great day!
Rick A.
on 12/9/06 3:50 am - Far Northern, CA
Ruth Ann, I have just been under 200 pounds for a couple of weeks and I am afraid that I will bounce back over that level. That is one reason I hesitated to post being below 30 bmi, I don't want to disappoint myself. It has been since 8th grade that I have been below 200 pounds. I can relate to the cold thing. My exercise is primarily walking and I am working the graveyard shift, so I walk during my lunch break. Last week it was 20 degrees or less several times during my walk. Burr. Rick
miminjoey
on 12/9/06 3:17 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I went for the lowest weight I ever remember being in high school...lame way to pick one but hey works for me.....My doctor went with the weight which is a normal BMI for my height....I don't know how much is what % of excess weight, cause I don't know how much I was over my doctor never said. I am not much help am I? Mimi
RebekaA
on 12/9/06 6:41 am - Inland Empire, CA
Congratulations on your new status! Since i've been up and down and all sizes in between so many times I know what I look and feel like at all sizes. I picked one in the middle. --Not the skinniest I've been, but still "healthy" with a bit of padding. My lowest weight ever was 125 in college, but I was usually around 135 when I didn't diet. My highest ever was 284. My goal is 150, I'm a decent size and feel good at that weight. my surgeon said I would probably get to 140, but I just don't believe I could ever be really "thin" again, just close to it. So we'll see where I end up.
jennb40
on 12/9/06 5:06 pm - Nashua, NH
You overweight guy you!!!! Don't you just love it? You have done so good and we are lucky to have such a nice man is our MARCHer's! Your journey is remarkable and I am betting you will lose that 100%. Barbara
Rick A.
on 12/10/06 9:39 am - Far Northern, CA
Barbara, Thank you for your kinds words. I always appreciate your positive attitude here. Life is good, Rick
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/9/06 6:26 pm - My Town, NH
Rick, congratulations on being overweight!!! What an accomplishment! My doctor and bariatric surgery program folks have never really given me a number. They consider 50% to 70% loss of your excess weight a success. I, being the numbers driven person I am, did the math to figure out what 70% of my excess weight is (208) and then I also did the math to figure out what I need to weigh to have a "normal" BMI. That figure is depressing (159) as I am not sure I can actually achieve that. My doctor agrees that 159 is probably not going to happen for me. So I am now just trying to focus on my weight starting with a "1" and then I'll go from there. I've read that our bodies settle in at a healthy weight and we will know when (and at what number) we feel good. I'm hoping that's true! Congratulations again and Happy Holidays! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views