Northerners, tell me your secret

(deactivated member)
on 12/7/06 11:21 pm - PA
How the heck to do you keep your new body warm? Today is the first really cold day here in SC and I was already cold before! I have finally gotten some feeling back in my fingertips from holding a cup of hot tea, but my toes are still frozen!! My work attire is not cutting it and we are not allowed heaters at our desks. I want to put socks OVER my flats and trouser socks! I am hoping that snowboots will become part of the new business casual. They are pretty strict about the dress code over here. My hubby laughed at me because I was so bundled up before I headed out to work today. He said it looked like I was heading out to a snowstorm. I was born and raised in Texas, I can't get used to this...especially now. I feel chilled to the bone! Kathy
Darlene X
on 12/8/06 12:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
One peice of advice.... Move to Arizona....LOL Actually, Im even cold here... but probably a lot warmer than you! Do you have thermal underwear?
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/06 2:33 am - PA
I should get some thermal underwear...but what do I do about my toes? I'm gonna have to start wearing my heels with thick socks. Fashion be durned! Kathy
Darlene X
on 12/8/06 3:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
Cute Boots!!! You can wear nice thick socks with those. Ohh get those funny toe socks hehe
luckycat1
on 12/8/06 12:48 am - Cincinnati, OH
you never get used to the cold. I live in southern ohio. it was 13 this morning but with the wind it made it feel like .......3. yep 3 degrees. we usually have highs around the upper 40's to low 50's this time of year so our temps are way off. I was cold all the time before surgery and since surgery I am worse. Man I just started a new job and I forgot to ask about the drss code. from looking around I do not think they are too strict on the business casual dress code so if I violate I doubt anyone will say anything. I asked about a heater the other day and was told they are not allowed. looks like I will be bringing my blankie in. I have a polar fleece throw that I used at my other job. I was alwalking around yesterday with gloves on trying to type. Hopefully this cold weather will not last too long. I have to go to Minnesota for training in Jan. how cruel is that??????? Hope you warm up soon.
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/06 2:35 am - PA
Minnesota for training? I think they should shut Minnesota down in the winter. Let everyone hibernate. The dress code is strict here. HR is so busy reprimanding people about what they are wearing to work, its a wonder they even pay attention to job performance! Kathy
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/8/06 1:27 am - My Town, NH
I awoke to the white stuff all over the ground! It was 12 degress and felt like 2 below zero with the wind chill. I haven't warmed up yet! I wish I had words of wisdom for you. I wear my coat in my office half the time these days. The worst thing for me seems to be getting warm once I'm cold. If I let myself get cold, it takes a hot shower and the heating blanket to warm me up again! Let's move to Hawaii!!! - Stephanie
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/06 2:40 am - PA
I HATE snow...unless I am home and have nowhere to go and all my loved ones are home and safe. It was 18 degrees here this morning. In SOUTH CAROLINA. Who out there made H*LL freeze over? I've been wearing heavy turtlenecks and sweaters to work for a while now. While everyone else has their windbreakers, I have my wool coat. I sure hope this is the worst of it this year. We usually end up with and ice storm or two. Those are REALLY awful. We always lose power. Kathy
~ Stylz ~
on 12/8/06 1:35 pm - North of Boston, MA
I couldnt believe how cold and WINDY it was this morning!! Temp in my area was 18 but with the windchill they said it was 3 I thought I was going to die!!!!! I was cold before surgery, but now I'm freezing 24-7! I bought a long and short puffy down coat which helps, I also bought a sweater cape that I wear at work, they sell them everywhere, you drape it over your shoulders and wrap one side over a shoulder. Its helped so much!! A woman at work who use to train sled dogs in Alaska told me about this company, its called Winter Silks (silk thermal underwear). Very thin shirts and pants and so warm!! They have different "weights" for when the weather is cool, cold or frigid. needless to say I bought the frigid ones and will probably keep them on til April! heres the link incase you're interested: http://www.wintersilks.com/products.aspx?BRANCH=1~&PAGE=99999
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views