What was your WOW this week?

RebekaA
on 12/7/06 6:51 am - Inland Empire, CA
Thought I'd ask Mine was taking our toddler to Disneyland for the first time. I've avoided theme parks for years now b/c of the Fat Factor and Humiliation aspect. The first ride we went on was a Roger Rabbit cab ride. When the little car pulled up, dh (RNY 12/05 -120#'s) and I thought, Oh darn, we'll have to split up. But we thought maybe we can put her on our lap--we didn't have to! All three of us fit and we had room to spare on both sides! I could never have imagined that! It was awesome to not be that fat couple anymore! What was yours?
Darlene X
on 12/7/06 7:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
I'll tell you tomorrow... it will depend on how my Sears pictures turn out tonight
RebekaA
on 12/7/06 10:14 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Can't wait to see!
jennb40
on 12/7/06 7:41 pm - Nashua, NH
After struggling for probably 3 weeks with no weight loss...maybe 2 ounces...this morning I was down 4 pounds! That makes a total of 106 pounds....what a wonderful journey this has been. My non-wow moment was briefly catching a glimpse of my poor naked body in the full length mirror...and I thought Halloween was over! Being 56 years old doesn't help much...all kinds of stuff hanging around! I don't think it will be long until my boobs can actually touch my navel!!!! And the knees...whew...is that nasty! But put clothes on me and it isn't too bad! Good thing my husband has always loved me for the "inner-Barb", cause the outer-Barb is a bit scary! Note to self: always keep lights off in the bedroom!!!!! Have a good day everybody....and congrats Rebeka on your disneyland trip...how great! Barbara
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/7/06 9:34 pm - My Town, NH
Whoo hooo! 106 pounds! That "inner-Barb" is so spectacular that I'm betting the lights can stay on. Though I must admit that the lightbulbs in my bedroom have been removed and not because I want to lower my electric bill! - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 12/7/06 10:18 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Barb, just remember, we ALL look fabulous by candelight It's not just you, I have to hold my girls down when I go down the stairs so I don't hear flappin yikes! 4 #'s is awesome ! So glad the scale is moving again! I was stuck for 3 weeks too! The stomach flu helped me along If only I could lose like that on my own!
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/7/06 9:32 pm - My Town, NH
Morning Rebeka! My WOW this week was realizing how much my life has changed since sugery nine months ago. It hit me yesterday. I "think" so much less about how to manage my life. I simply live it! I feel healthy and while I'm still losing weight ever so slowly, I feel good about where I am and where I will end up. It was nice to reflect on how far I've come. I'm so glad you tried the Roger Rabbit ride! What an accomplishment for your whole family! Happy Friday everyone! - Stephanie
RebekaA
on 12/7/06 10:23 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Stephanie, You are so right! about how much energy we used to have to waste on managing our lives! I hadn't thought about that. I'm going to remember that! We are so free now--to just enjoy! Thanks for the morning inspiration!
miminjoey
on 12/7/06 9:45 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
oh that is a wonderful wow! mine for this week, when I got on the scale and it moved again...you know because it had snuck back up so I am back to 8 pounds away from goal and down a total of 140 pounds, 103 since surgery. I have to wear a belt with my 12's....that is supper cool! I bought a shirt this week and it was a size 8. SO no major wow this week but a few nice small ones!! Mimi
RebekaA
on 12/7/06 10:27 pm - Inland Empire, CA
WOW Mimi, you are doing SO great, you're my hero! To goal (close enough!=) in NINE months is AMAZING This seems to be a good week for the scale fairy! Have a great weekend!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views