Remember Last Christmas???

jomamma
on 12/4/06 1:00 am - Palmdale, CA
Ok guys, lets compare how we felt last Christmas versus this Christmas. All the parties that we dreaded going to last year. Shopping for the ONE special outfit that would make us look 100 pounds lighter. Crying because we couldnt find anything that looked half way decent. Not wanting to go to your DH work party cuz we we felt so bad about how we looked??? Anyone relate??? THIS YEAR, I cant wait for my hubbys work party!! And it has always been a nightmare finding something I felt good in and then having to buy something that I hated but at least it fit me!! WOW the difference in one year is amazing. This is how low my self esteem was....I didnt want to go to Dh party because I didnt want to embarrass my hubby. (of course he was NEVER embarrassed but I felt it) NOW BRING ON THE PARTY THIS YEAR!!
Darlene X
on 12/4/06 1:47 am - Maricopa, AZ
I know this probably isn't what your looking for... but in all honesty other than weighing 144lbs less... this Christmas isn't much different... We don't have a lot of friends Not really any Christmas parties, no work parties, no shopping for outfits... pretty depressing huh? I have the hardest time making friends, Im kinda shy.... so it's normally Just Hubby, me and family. If I was looking for a party outfit, I know I'd be able to find a ton more and look cute! I must say though, I am so much more excited for Christmas pictures... I don't hate the way I look! Darlene
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/06 5:57 am - PA
Not to late to find a New Years party at one of the local hotels. You usually pay per couple and they have an entire package if you get a room too. They are lots of fun, plus romantic for you and hubby. ;) OR you can host your own New Year's Eve Party and FORCE everyone to dress up so you can! That's why I had my Halloween party. I wanted to dress up! OR you can move to Greenville and hang out with us. WE have a pretty fun group over here. Kathy
Darlene X
on 12/5/06 4:35 am - Maricopa, AZ
I'd love to come to Greenville and hang out with you!!!!!! Ok, well I do have a few parties, but they are WLS related and not the "dress up" kind..... we have a Support Group Christmas party next week, and then next week the AZ OH board is meeting for dinner... Gee my social life sucks... seriously I have such a hard time making friends... I could throw a party but have no one to invite.... isn't that sad??? OMG now Im depressed.... Darlene
RebekaA
on 12/4/06 3:54 am - Inland Empire, CA
I was exactly the same way about DH's work party--I've ditched it for the last 5 years! I think he eventually caught on towards the end that I wasn't really all that "busy." I'm going this year for the first time and found the prettiest dress! It's a magic dress! --hides everything I need to hide--and shows everything I don't! MAGIC I'm so excited. Also on the ditch list last year was my family (relatives) get together. They live 2 hrs away so I could blame that on traffic, but I didn't want anyone to see the extra 50#'s I'd put on the last 2 years! What I'm most excited about though this xmas is being able to get a family Xmas portrait taken! Finally!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/06 4:43 am - PA
I've always been a social person, so I never avoided parties. I just mostly avoided the camera. This year I kept jumping in front of them! LOL Also, when I "picked" at the food at my plate and passed on the desert, I wasn't faking it! I would always try not eat in front of my hubby's co-workers because I didn't want them to think I was disgusting. They all have perfect thin wives. I also danced to "I like big butts" when the DJ played it and didn't worry that the people sitting down were secretly laughing at me. Yes, I acted like a complete fool this year...but I'm done with hiding in the background. Kathy
AZGirl
on 12/4/06 10:59 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
The biggest change for me this Christmas is actually being able to walk the mall without getting winded, tired and having my feet, back and legs hurt. I would always just go and get what I needed and leave. I never really could enjoy any of the decorations or the sights, because I just didn't have the energy and I hurt all over. Hubby and I have been to the mall a few times since Thanksgiving and we walked the entire thing and I didn't feel winded or tired at all. I actually enjoyed myself and I stopped to enjoy the decorations and to just browse in almost every shop. And nothing hurt. Hubby was the one that said he was tired and his feet hurt! lol I could have walked forever just because I could! Joanne
Stephanie Smiles
on 12/4/06 3:47 pm - My Town, NH
A former colleague of mine has an annual December open house. I've skipped it the last three or four years. The last time I was there I ran into my ex-boyfriend and I'm sure he was breathing a sigh of relief that he didn't end up with me. This year, yup! We're going! My husband and I were trying to decide whether or not to go. He said, let's go so that you can strut around looking beautiful. I grinned at him and thought, why not?! I won't buy something brand new but will wear my newer size 18 black slacks, teal sweater and heels. I'm going to make him dress up a little too and see if someone will take our picture. That is on Saturday night. I also used to hide in the back at our annual work shindig. The party is this Thursday and I plan to be somewhere besides in the shadows! More than the party scene though, I'm just so happy to be healthier and in better shape. I will sleep through this holiday less and participate more! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 12/5/06 9:27 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
You know his doesn't really apply to me. ...I have always liked the way I looked even when I was big, never had a problem finding clothes...one because I never realized how big I was until I lost the weight and 2 I had been big my entire life so it was just who I was love me or leave me.....infact I have cried more this year trying to find thing to fit because I don't have a clue as to what size I am,I have no freakin boobs , if I am too big to wearring that style, too old, does it show too much...It's driving me nuts now....and I hate to say it but I am freakin tired of being asked, how much have you lost, wow...when are you going to stop? What size are you now, how did you do it, why did you do it, is that safe, you weren't that big too begin with. AKKKKKKKKK Give me back last Christmas any day!!! Mimi
Melissa P.
on 12/7/06 10:34 am - Aurora, IL
Last Christmad I got a BIG bath robe and slippersfor surgery. My mom said that they were for WHEN, not IF I had the surgery. She had faith. I was actually dissaointed because I wasn't even approved and at the time I felt like I never would be. I am so glad I finally got approved! That bath robe was so comfy! I actuallt passed it along to a friend of mine getting ready for surgery
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views