food...do we have to eat?

miminjoey
on 11/30/06 2:42 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I swear the week before my period use to be a nightmare but I have noticed the last few months now the week before I can't or forget to eat...yesterday at 2:30 I realized...after it being brought to my attention.. I hadn't even had breakfast yet. I got 300 cal if I am lucky in yesterday and 110 was from a protein drink I made myself drink because I was so far behind. Last week I thought I wouldn't stop eatting.. UGH!!!!!! Sometimes I feel like much has not changed in my eatting habbits except for the quanity in 1 setting... Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/30/06 5:46 am - My Town, NH
Hi Mimi. I wish I forgot to eat sometimes. I never seem to forget that. I do often wonder if my brain has really changed that much. I still seem to think about food an awful lot. You're right, I can eat much less in one sitting but it still seems to be a focal point in my life. Think that will ever change? - Stephanie
Darlene X
on 11/30/06 5:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
Im the same as you Stephanie.... I never forget to eat... I worry that I still love food too much. Darlene
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/30/06 6:37 pm - My Town, NH
Darlene, it's nice to know that I'm not the only one! I do still enjoy food. I wonder if that's why I'm losing so slowly. But I don't eat more calories, carbs or fat than I'm supposed to. Sigh. Oh well, it's still coming off at least. Thanks! - Stephanie
luckycat1
on 11/30/06 10:22 am - Cincinnati, OH
I feel the same way you do. The ony reason why I eat is because I have to not because I enjoy it. My mom or my friends are on me all the time making sure I eat because I am STILL not any where near the calories the doctor wants me at. It is never endng. I have days like you I might eat but it is nearly not enough--maybe 450-500 calories. I know how you feel hopeful it will get better. It seems like since the holidays started I do not have enough hours in the day to do things. Take care. MJ
~ Stylz ~
on 11/30/06 10:55 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm the same way Mimi. Theres many days I "forget" to eat or days I just want to drink all of my meals and I do. I'll have a couple drinkable yogurts (carb and sugar control has 60 calories and 6 grams of protein). After that I'll have a protein shake and alternate back and forth from drinkable yogurts to protein shakes. Most days I use fitday mostly to make sure I'm getting in enough protein and calories that day, not to watch what I'm eating. If I check around 6 and see I need more protein, I'll have a shake or if I need more calories I'll have a 100 calorie pack of wheat thins or something like that.. Dont get me wrong, there are days all I want to do is eat, but most are days where I feel like I'm playing a game to get in all my calories and protein..
Shari B.
on 11/30/06 8:49 pm - Roseville, MI
Depends on the day for me. some days I feel I can eat too much, other days I know I haven't ate enough. The one time of day I struggle with the most as far as eating too much is evening. I worry because it seems like I want to eat when I'm not even hungry which is how it used to be and I was hoping that would change. Shari
RebekaA
on 12/1/06 9:21 am - Inland Empire, CA
For the most part I do forget to eat. I'm supposed to eat 4x a day and I have to really try for that. A few months back I realized I was barely getting 2 meals a day in--no wonder my WL slowed! I'm better at it now. It actually helps that I don't get hungry, b/c then it's easy for me to eat small portions. My PMS week can still get pretty bad, I want to snack all day. But then the week after is the exact opposite, as if to make up for the week before, I have zero appetite and hardly eat.
Beckers
on 12/2/06 1:50 am - Cottage Grove, OR
I never thought I'd feel this way, but YES I forget to eat and I have to MAKE myself eat. I never thought I'd worry about losing too much weight, but I'm starting to worry that I WILL lose too much... Rebecca, 5'8", size 10 baggy, almost size 8... 269/167/150?
robinsaxton
on 12/4/06 9:28 am - Columbia, MD
I know I am days late responding to this email, been really busy, but I just had to reply. I am doing the same thing. A few weeks ago I was eating everything I could get my hands on. I thought about food ALL day. I didn't necessarily make bad choices, although I'll admit that I could have made better choices. I was careful to not ever go over 1200 calories, but I still felt as if the food was keeping me captive again. Now the past two weeks, I am barely eating anything. I mean, I get so busy and don'****ch the clock so I miss eating. I don't feel hungry and I am not craving anything anymore. It's such a weird feeling to forget to eat. I was never like that before. I have been having trouble with dropping blood sugar so I know I am not getting enough calories or protein. I am not eating a lot of carbs, only about 30 grams a day, if that so I am not substituting the wrong foods. I know that I'll get control again soon and then struggle with a week of being famished. I do think it is hormonally related. With a little bit of old habit in there too. Hang in there. Set the alarm. I have "appointments" in my outlook calendar at work to remind me to eat. It helps a lot. Maybe something like that can help you. Of course I don't always listen to my reminder. Today I shut it off and didn't eat anything until 11 and that was only because a co-worker almost fed me herself. LOL. Hugs, Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views