Slow Cooker vs. CrockPot

ooh-lala
on 11/30/06 3:06 am - Great Bend, KS
Anyone know what the difference is? Can I make "slow cooker" recipes in a "crockpot" and vice versa? Is one a better choice than the other? Laura 381/243/175
Darlene X
on 11/30/06 3:15 am - Maricopa, AZ
They are the same thing. Slow cooker is just another term for a crockpot.
ooh-lala
on 11/30/06 3:19 am - Great Bend, KS
Thanks Darlene! I suspected that was the case. I haven't done a lot of crockpot cooking in the past, but plan to start using one religiously. Thanks! Laura P.S. If you have any delicious high-protein crockpot recipes I'd love to have them.
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/30/06 5:49 am - My Town, NH
Laura, I love my crockpot/slow cooker! I use it often. I have a couple of crockpot cookbooks but am looking for one that also has all of the nutritional values listed for the recipes. On Sunday, I will put a pot roast in the crockpot and cook it all day long. I usually just add worcstershire and seasoning. It's very tasty and tons of protein. I'll bake sweet potatoes and add broccoli or something to round out the meal. Long live crockpots! - Stephanie
miminjoey
on 11/30/06 9:55 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
they are the same thing, when they 1st came out years ago they were called crockpots...the new name is a slow cooker...crockpot is the 1st company that made them.
RebekaA
on 12/1/06 3:25 am - Inland Empire, CA
I LOVE my crock pot! I have a couple good recipes for you. I'll type them up and post later. I have a crock pot recipe book from Weigh****chers I use a lot called "In Good Time" everything from it has been really good!
RebekaA
on 12/1/06 12:11 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Here's one I just made today. It's simple but really flavorful, although I wasn't crazy about the turkey sausage, it was bland--I may use regular next time despite the fat content! I don't have any nutrition info, but I use http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/recipe_analysis.php to figure them out. CROCK POT ~ SAUSAGE & TORTELLINI SOUP 16oz fully cooked smoked turkey sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into ½ inch slices 2 cups pre-shredded cole slaw mix 1 cup frozen French Cut green beans 2-14oz cans of Italian style stewed tomatoes, undrained 1 can Condensed French Onion soup 3 cups water 1- 9oz package refrigerated Cheese Tortellini 1 tsp. salt 1 T. red pepper flakes (to taste) 1 tsp Italian seasoning In a 4qt. crock pot, place sausage, spices, coleslaw mix, green beans, undrained tomatoes, soup and water. Cover and cook on high heat for 4-5 hours Stir in Tortellini and cover and cook for 15 min. more Garnish with Parmesan Cheese Hope you enjoy.
jennb40
on 12/2/06 3:27 am - Nashua, NH
Hey Laura, you have probably figured out by all the answers they are the same thing...BUT did you know you can buy crockpot/slow cooker liners...??? They are wonderful and you don't have anything to clean up - just toss it away! Barbara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views