The photo that changed my life.

(deactivated member)
on 11/27/06 11:15 pm - PA
I found a photo from last Christmas that I thought I had destroyed. Its posted on my profile. I cried all the way home because I hated the way I looked. Most of my friends say they don't remember me ever looking like that. Even my surgeon, who I showed last night at my support group meeting says he doesn't remember me looking like that either. I am happy to say, this year it will be different. I might even sit on Santa's lap myself. Kathy
RebekaA
on 11/28/06 2:06 am - Inland Empire, CA
Awwww sweetie, it's not that bad! If it makes you feel better--I was TWICE your size! But I hear ya! I have a few of those pics myself, I think we all do! I know how you feel. It's great that sad experience motivated you towards positive change! Look how far you've come! Now go sit on Santa's lap! PS. my worst pics are at the bottom of my profile if you want to see.
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/06 2:51 am - PA
Are you kidding? You are so beautiful! I don't think it even matters how big you were before. The Santa was also in a bad mood and my daughter was afraid of him...that is why I am in the picture. Plus he was skinny and I had been in line for an hour. So I was in a bad mood too. Then my hubby tried to comfort me by telling me it was a good picture of me. That is what I looked like on a good day?!?!? WAAAAAAAAA!!!!! I love him, he was only trying to make it better, but it made it worse. Ah, but I vowed that this year would be different. and so far it is! Kathy
RebekaA
on 11/28/06 9:18 am - Inland Empire, CA
bad santa! ...this year is definitely different! and it's only going to get better!
robinsaxton
on 11/28/06 2:35 am - Columbia, MD
Hey Kathy, You have come so far. You have always been beautiful, only now there is a smaller and even more beautiful you. I think that some of that beauty comes from how happy we are becoming with ourselves and the changes that this surgery has brought into our lives. I know this year will be so different. Even our Thanksgiving pictures are ones that I will always treasure because I know that the real me is coming thru, not the one hidden behind nearly 300lbs. You should always keep that photo to remember where you have come from and what you have worked so hard to achieve. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Robin
(deactivated member)
on 11/28/06 2:56 am - PA
Everyone is really blossoming. It is so great to be able to share this with others that are in the same stages. Look at you! You look gorgeous. By the way, CHANGE YOUR AVATAR!!! hehe. Your updated photos look so different. And I am keeping the picture. I am cutting out the wallet size and keeping it with me at all times. It really came in handy this morning when there were donuts and bagels with cream cheese set out for everyone at work. The bagels were still hot and I could smell the donuts as soon as I walked in the door. I looked at that photo and decided there was nothing that tasted good enough to feel like I did then again. That was a really bad time in my life. I don't want to go back. Kathy
Amy I.
on 11/28/06 5:58 am - KS
You won't believe this but I can beat your holiday picture. Last summer I was at a horse show sitting in the stands with a bunch of friends. We were laughing it up when somebody took our picture! Instant evil eyes went out to that person. I finally saw that picture but it was at the awards banquet on a big screen. It gets better.... I always knew that I was bigger but I never thought that I was that BIG. The friends that I sat with in the picture I always thought that they were about my size but no I was bigger and bigger than the 300 pound man that was sitting with us! And that was the picture that changed my life! Amy I 290/168/135
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/29/06 10:46 pm - My Town, NH
Kathy, it's great to have these pictures that we hate with a passion. It helps remind us exactly how far we've come. You've come a long way baby! I definitely vote for sitting in Santa's lap! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views