Drs office was of no help

Courtney B.
on 11/27/06 5:28 am - Lancaster, CA
I called my surgeons this morning and the person I spoke with was of no help at all. She said I need to see a dr. Well DUH. I asked if it "sounded" like, from her experience with bariatric patients, if this could be an ulcer. She said it may or may not be. She wouldnt recommend any anti acids for me to try, couldnt help me at all. So Im still here wondering. I started a 14 day treatment of Prilosec to see if that helps. I cant get into my PCP for a couple months, she is so backed up. Even as an emergency, they send me to an urgent care type dr who wont give me any referrals for anything! UGH Just wanted to let you know what happened so you arent sitting there worrying. Thanks for your suggestions. Courtney
luckycat1
on 11/27/06 5:38 am - Cincinnati, OH
how horrible. is there another PCP you could see in her practice? Have you called your insurance company to see if they can just give you a referal to another bariatric doctor? you do not want this problem to get any worse. good luck! mj
RebekaA
on 11/27/06 6:39 am - Inland Empire, CA
Wow, I can't believe they were so useless and uncaring! I know that they are legally not allowed to "diagnose" anything over the phone or otherwise, but still she could've recommended SOMETHING! I agree with PP, if your dr. is that backed up, I would try and change PCP's, even that only takes 1 month before you can see someone new. Thanks for the update. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
robinsaxton
on 11/28/06 3:46 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Courtney, Sadly a lot of our healthcare system works against patients instead of with them. It sure seems that doctors and/or their staff just don't care. I hope that the prilosec helps. If it doesn't you should fight with your PCP's office to get an appointment sooner than a couple months. Maybe you can go to urgent care and really push (sometimes the squeaky wheel really does get the oil) to get a referral or at the very least to get some testing done, even if its not by a bariatric surgeon. A CTscan or other diagnostic test can be ordered by anyone. I'll be praying for ya, hun. Hang in there. Let us know how you are doing. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/29/06 10:43 pm - My Town, NH
Yikes! I'm sorry they were so unhelpful! I hope you find someone that can see you very soon. Keep us posted. - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views