Have a question

Courtney B.
on 11/26/06 2:20 am - Lancaster, CA
I cant go to my surgeon anymore (medical group doesnt except my insurance anymore, so surgeon wont get paid) and I have a problem. For the last few months, I have had pain in my pouch any time it is empty. Put food in it, the pain goes away until the next time its empty, usually after 2 hours or I start drinking my hour after the meal. Im wondering if this is an ulcer? Also this past week I have had strep throat and the flu. I was dry heaving and, although I know we dont have bile, I was throwing up bile. Why would I throw up bile? This has me extremely worried that I have a staple line disruption too. Of course, I can call my surgeon, which I will do tomorrow, but just wanted some insight. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Courtney 271/ 254/ 169/ 140
RebekaA
on 11/26/06 2:41 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Courtney, You poor thing, when it rains it pours huh? That sounds terrible! I'm not sure, but it does sound like an ulcer... I would call your PCP and have them refer you to a new Bariatric Dr. they have to have one in their group. Have your surgeon fax them your records and go see the new one! You should be seen and have some tests to check you out! I hope you're able to work it out and get to feeling better! take care!
jennb40
on 11/26/06 8:48 am - Nashua, NH
So sorry Courtney you are not feeling good. I would definitely find another bariatric surgeon in your area that accepts your insurance. At least call your PCP and follow up with him/her....take care of yourself and let us know what you find out. Barbara
miminjoey
on 11/26/06 2:16 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
WOW I wish i could help since I am military and i have an Army hospital right here I don't really have to deal with insurance...however I sure hope whatever is going on doesn't last for long and is not any thing too seriouse...maybe your regular doctor can help or refer you to someone who can. Mimi
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/26/06 6:46 pm - My Town, NH
Courtney, I don't have any advice other than I'm glad you are calling someone about this. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and that I hope you feel much better very soon! Keep us posted! -Stephanie
jomamma
on 11/29/06 5:09 am - Palmdale, CA
What dr will you see up here in place of Dr Q?? What did the dr say? What kind of pain do you have when your tummy is empty?? How weird, I will call you tonight and check up on you!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views