My eight month upday.

Rick A.
on 11/20/06 7:54 pm - Far Northern, CA
Hello all and Happy Thanksgiving. November 20, 2006. Whew 8 months already. This has been a great month. My wife and I went on a Caribbean cruise. I was very worried how I would do with the food. Everything turned out great. There was a great variety of healthy food choices. I will admit that I ate anything I wanted to and had very little ill effects. I told myself that if I had gained 5 pounds on the trip I would deal with it. My fear was that I could have easily have gained ten pounds. Anyway, when we got back home, I was at the same weight as when we left. I couldn't believe how much this trip differed from previous ones. We went on several different airplanes and I was anxious because of the seat belt fitting tightly before. This time there was always room to spare. What a wonderful feeling. I snorkeled at every stop and had so much more energy then in the past. I walked like I couldn't believe and I took the stairs on the ship almost all the time and never became winded. I have been walking up to 8 miles a day and while the weight loss has slowed down it hasn't stopped completely. The other day my daughter brought me a new Hawaiian shirt and had me try it on. It was a medium and it fit. How cool is that? I am still having some head issues believing what size I really am. I guess it will all tie together some day. I am also having trouble with getting enought sleep. I am going to try a sleeping pill and see how that goes. The next challenge is the holiday season. It can be a stressful time and presents many food challenges. My current weight is 201 pounds, oh so close to being under 200. Life is good, Rick
miminjoey
on 11/20/06 9:08 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Woo hoo!!!! Wow I want to go on cruise!! It sounds like you had a awsome time!!! I am jealouse! 8 miles a day, you are my hero. I have so been not working out like I should. congrats on the size medium shirt you'll be the talk of the town in it. let us know when you hit onederland...any day now Mimi
Darlene X
on 11/20/06 10:48 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Rick my surgery twin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awesome!!!!!!!! So when are you going to post some new pictures from your cruise??? It sounds like you had a blast!!!! Keep it up!!! Darlene
RebekaA
on 11/20/06 11:08 pm - Inland Empire, CA
ooooh, that vacation sounds so awesome! I'm so jealous!!! Congrats on staying the same weight, that's huge! You must've really been burning some calories! Good for you! I hear you about body issues, I have them too! Oh, I take Tylenol PM for sleep with really good results. No AM groggy hangover Continued success to you! Rebeka
robinsaxton
on 11/21/06 12:19 am - Columbia, MD
Rick I am so happy for you. Sounds like your life is going really well. What a huge accomplishment that you came back from your cruise and didn't gain anything. Just remember back to previous trips. I remember how every trip or holiday I would gain weight. Well, not this year. I know that the weight loss will be really slow this month with all the extra food but I am confident that I won't gain weight this year. It is such a freeing thought. You will see onederland soon! Thanks for sharing your successes. It's very encouraging. Robin
Nadine O.
on 11/21/06 10:52 am - Baltimore, MD
You go !!! Congradulations on the weight loss. The cruise sounds like it was fun. My 20 th anniversary is in 2008. I think I may look into a cruise for my husband and myself. Nadine O.
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/22/06 7:14 pm - My Town, NH
Rick, congratulations! You've accomplished so many things in the last 8 months. We're so proud of you and I hope you enjoy every moment! Next stop, ONEderland! - Stephanie
Tamara L.
on 11/23/06 6:09 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Woo Hoo, Rick!! How about next time taking all your Marchster friends along on the cruise?!? I'm glad you had so many "wow" moments with the seatbelts and all. And doesn't it feel wonderful when a shirt fits that moments before you looked at and said NO WAY will I fit in that??? Keep on keeping on............... Tamara
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views