Give us some WOW's

RebekaA
on 11/20/06 11:21 pm - Inland Empire, CA
Awww shucks You're so sweet. Thanks!
BabyRuth2u
on 11/20/06 8:17 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
It feels like every day is a wow to me. I think wow everytime lately when I bend over to pick something up without a thought, or when Im going up and down stairs and not breathing heavy. I just think wow so often lately that I can do this or that and it just feels natural. I think our lives now are just WOWs everyday! I did have kind of one last night, or at least in my mind. LOL I went to the gym right after work. usually I'm at the gym during the day. Well I was dressed pretty snazzy yesterday in a suit, nice dress shirt underneath etc. I thought I looked pretty darn good. Well I go to the gym, bag with gym clothes in tow. I walk in the door and the guy Rick at the desk and another worker are standing there talking and I come in and I can see they take a double take and I can see the look of wow on their face. It was kind of cool. Especially since they are both way hot. LOL Then when I'm leaving, now in my baggy gym clothes Rick is at the counter and as I go he said goodnight, I say goodnight per our usual. Then I get a few steps and he speaks again and says You have a really nice Thanksgiving Ruth. I know its coming up, but it was just weird, it was like after saying goodnight he kind of had reached for something more to say to me. And he is always nice, but last night seemed a bit more friendly. So that made me feel good, even if it was all in my mind. LOL Which I dont think it was because when I went in it was really weird and kind of obvious on the double takes and whoa l ooks on their faces. LOL
miminjoey
on 11/20/06 9:16 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
woo hoo my kind of wow!!! Mimi
Darlene X
on 11/20/06 10:57 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Ruth, your man better keep a close eye on you!! Your going to have all sorts of hot men following you drooling! You are such a babe, I know why
miminjoey
on 11/20/06 9:24 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I had 2 just yesterday...we have this thing here called FRECYCLE it's where people put hings up they have for free on the internet and people come to your house to get..big source of my clothes last few months, and recipent of my old ones....anyway one of the ladies on there that I haven't seen in months popped over yesterday to get something i was giving away, she came up I answered the door and goes hi, is your mom here!!! I thought I would hit the floor...I am like UM hi carol. (she hadn't seen me since I cut off all my hair) She was blown away and asked how much I planned on loosing she thought I was skinny enough. the other wow.....a few months back a dear friend was in need of a place to stay so he and his wife stayed with us for a month or so then they moved to WY ( I am in TX) yesterday the kids go, Mom Uncle Scott is here and I figured they meant Unlce Wade my brother that lives with me that looks like Scott, so I get to the door and THERE is SCOTT! His eyes pop out of his head and then he pciks me up and spins me around! yep you heard me...HE PICKED ME UP!!!!! Scott has never seen me smaller then a 20 so he was just blown away. Michelle his very pregnant wife, whom I adore, started crying and told me how beautiful I was...in my cut off sweats and t-shirt. Ok so it was hormones but I'll take it!!! Mimi
Darlene X
on 11/20/06 10:59 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Mimi, I would kill for someone not to recognize me! That is an ultimate WOW!!!
robinsaxton
on 11/21/06 12:15 am - Columbia, MD
A small wow: This weekend I cleaned out my closet, for real this time, and finally got all of that stuff boxed up and out of the house. Well, I pulled out a pair of my old pants that I used to love. They were a nice fit, for a 26/28, and very comfortable. Well, I looked at them and held them up to me and my daughter said "wow mom. I can't even believe you used to wear those. I just can't picture it." That made me feel so good. She suggested that I keep those pants as a before and when I am at goal, take one of those pics holding them in front of me. I kept them as a reminder.
Amy I.
on 11/21/06 4:40 am - KS
My WOW was when my kids and I went to have our FIRST pictures taken together! My kids are 16 and 13. I would never let my picture to be taken. I would stand behind the person taking the picture and threaten them with their life if they got me in it. Now I can't wait to get them back. We are giving them to my husband for the holidays. They turned out pretty good! I will post as soon as I get them. Amy I
RebekaA
on 11/21/06 8:35 am - Inland Empire, CA
Awwww Amy that's HUGE! So great! I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see them! My dd is 2.5yo and I've always wanted to take portraits with her too. Now I'll finally be able to.
rowEn
on 11/21/06 10:41 am - Huntsville, AL
Let's see... I'm wearing a size 14 "skinny jeans" from the Gap. Me! In anything labeled "skinny"!!!! I'm working about 100 hours a week and have a bit of energy to spare. I'm not eating as well as I should, but I'm also not beating the heck out of myself for it. It is nice to know that a few bits of "bad" won't turn into a whole plate of "bad"! The above referenced jeans were purchased after people here in the office told me that if I wore the clown-looking pants one more day, they'd personally go buy me some clothes that fit. Wait...maybe I should have waited!! My dad called me a skinny minny when he saw me for the first time since a month after surgery. I went dancing! Granted, we were on Bourbon St in one of the gay clubs (and boy, do those boys know how to dance!!) but still...me...dancing...in public! And totally not related to weight loss...I get to see my husband and daughter tomorrow night after not seeing them for a month!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views