Not losing much weight

shamia
on 11/19/06 9:54 pm - Kansas City, KS
I was wondering if anyone is having trouble losing weight with the lapband or if you have had trouble losing weight with the lapband and are now losing? Please talk to me and help me out, because I really would like to lose more weight.
Darlene X
on 11/19/06 10:59 pm - Maricopa, AZ
One thing you have to understand with lap band, and should have been known before surgery is it's a much much slower form of weight loss surgery...... it will come off slowly, and take you longer to get to goal.... RNY patients lose faster, but we all meet up around the same place in time... what takes a RNY patient 18 months may take you 36 months. Do you have enough restriction? Perhaps you need another fill? When you say your losing slow, how much have you lost?
luckycat1
on 11/20/06 1:10 am - Cincinnati, OH
My first question is what are you eating? Are you tracking your food? If not I would suggest that you use fitday.com. Have you spoken to your nutritionist to get an idea on foods you should be eating? I am not sure if you need as much protein as RNY patients but I do know you need to be on a low fat and low carb diet. Are you exercising and drinking your fluids? If you find yourself grazing or snacking through out the day you might need a fill. You might want to also consider eating 6 small meals a day. Good luck and 31 pounds and inches is great. MJ
shamia
on 11/20/06 5:04 am - Kansas City, KS
Thank you both for your response. I do understand that lapband patients lose weight slower then RNY, but there are some people that had the surgery on the same day that I did and have lost more. There are even some people that had the surgery after me and they have lost more. I have not been watching my food intake. I think a big problem is that I'm not getting enough protein. I need to go to a nutritionist and get some mesl ideas. I also think that it's time for a fill. Only problem with that is that I no longer have health insurance and it's $150.00 for a fill. Right now I just don't have it. Do you have any meal ideas, high in protein and what kind of vitamins do you take?
luckycat1
on 11/20/06 10:45 am - Cincinnati, OH
1st chose low fat meats like fish (baked, broiled or grilled), chicken and turkey for a quick lunch meal I get bumble bee tuna lemon pepper with crackers from Wal-Mart it is already mixed up for you and it comes in a little can. You can add a salad to that with a low fat dressing. The can of tuna has 18grms of protein and it is tasty too. I eat 6 small meals a day and to be honest I am not very imaginative with my meals. I still do 2-3 protein drinks a day because I am too lazy to cook I admit it. I am getting ready to start a new job in the next few weeks so I am going to have to start cooking again because I will packing my lunch (I have been lay-ed off since my surgery -the day I was supposed to go back to work I got lay-ed off but with a very nice severance package). For breakfast maybe have a scrambled egg with cheese and some sort of meat chopped up in there. Lunch have a Cesar salad with chicken of fish on top of it ( I usually pan sear my fish or chicken breast tenders-I will use Cajun seasoning as the spice or you can use lemon pepper or even jerk seasoning) with a light dressing. For snacks in between choose healthy snacks like yogurt, cheese or fruit. For dinner you can have another salad or chicken with veggies. Or you could whip up some stir fry chicken or beef with veggies. Check the March board because Darlene or someone usually posts some yummy recipes. Do not give up and stay focused. Start making better food choices and you will be o.k. Come to the board for encouragement they people on the March board are so encouraging! Good luck MJ
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views