OT Cancer

miminjoey
on 11/16/06 1:40 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I know I just posted a happy note so here is my not so happy. I had cancer in 1996 and I have been cancer free since. My last pap came bak abnormal and after going back in for more testing it looks like the cancer is back. Thankfully it is located only on my cervix and they can and will be removing that over the Christmas break. I would like for them to take it all out but my doctors says no because I am only 33. Anyway...nothing to feel sorry about for me I am just posting this because I want you ladies to be sure to go in for your checkups. I was 1st diagnosed at 18 with cervical displasia and at 23 I had cervical cancer. Cancer does not care how old you are and after all we have been through to get ourselves an new healthy life the least we can do is make sure we stay that way by doing our check ups. So if you haven't had yours this year...get on the phone and make an appointment!! Ok getting of my soap box now Mimi
Mama-of-3
on 11/16/06 9:02 pm - Philadelphia area, PA
Mimi, I am so sorry to hear that! Keep us posted. How scary. Trish
miminjoey
on 11/16/06 10:21 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Thank you and I will. Mimi
jennb40
on 11/16/06 9:47 pm - Nashua, NH
Oh my sister from another mother...I am so sorry to hear about this development, but please know all my thoughts and prayers are with you for a speedy recovery. Will this change your plans to go to TN for Christmas? I had my checkup in July and thanks for reminding all of us. You take care of yourself and know we are all here for you! Hugs to you, Barbara
miminjoey
on 11/16/06 10:26 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Hey There Sis.....nope I am scheduled for the 16th so I'll still be there in Tn in fact I'll be thee for 6 months. We are moving home and going to stay there until the chool year is out and then we will go to Japan, that way the kids only have to go to 2 schools in 1 year instead of 3. Poor Zachary is on his 7th and he's only in the 3rd grade...gotta love the Army Mimi
Darlene X
on 11/16/06 10:56 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Awww Mimi!! Things will be fine Im sure.... Keep us posted. Darlene
RebekaA
on 11/17/06 2:00 am - Inland Empire, CA
Mimi, I'm SO SORRY to hear this! What a bi###! Well, silver lining is you are so much healthier and stronger now and you are so much more equipped to deal with and beat this thing again! I'm so glad you detected it early! When I was 23 (1993), they told me I had cervical cancer too. I had the surgery (I think it was called Leepz?) where they removed the affected part of the cervix and it never came back. It's amazing that your cervix will actually grow back! I am sure this will also be the case with you! I will think of you often and keep you in my prayers! Keep us posted. And thanks for the reminder! Keep you chin up, I know you'll be ok!!!
robinsaxton
on 11/17/06 3:05 am - Columbia, MD
Mimi, you are in my prayers. I am sorry you are going through this but I know that all the prayers going up for you will really make a difference. Keep up with your vitamins and getting enough protein so that your body stays healthy to fight this any way that you can. Thanks for the reminder to be checked ourselves. Hugs, Robin
Shari B.
on 11/17/06 5:46 am - Roseville, MI
Mimi, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. I know you'll fight this and beat it down again. Thanks for the reminder on our check-ups as they are so important. You know we are here for you anytime. Shari
* Icemama *.
on 11/17/06 1:41 pm - Dallas/Ft Worth, TX
Mimi,.. I just said a prayer for you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and I will def get to a doc,.. Thanks!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views