First Post Op Holidays

RebekaA
on 11/15/06 3:44 am - Inland Empire, CA
I stole this off the CA board, I thought it was interesting as we head into our first Holiday Season as Post Op's. How has the holiday season changed for you since weight-loss? What do you do differently? How do you celebrate now with your new life and new tummy?
RebekaA
on 11/15/06 3:46 am - Inland Empire, CA
This first year as the "new me," these holidays will be different in that: They are the first ones in about 7 years where I won't hide from family photos! In the future my kid won't have to wonder "where was mommy at?" I won't be ashamed to show up to my family functions, knowing everyone is thinking "OMG how much weight has she gained THIS year?!" I will be able to focus on the happiness of the occasion and not on how uncomfortable I feel or how fat I look. I'll be able to--this is a BIG one....shop for and wear a CUTE HOLIDAY OUTFIT and feel like celebrating for the first time in years!!!! I'm actually looking forward to Holiday Parties! For me now, the holiday season has changed into what it's supposed to be: a HAPPY occasion meant to be celebrated! Food is just in the background. Thank you Santa!
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/06 6:11 am - PA
I feel exactly the same way you do. I actually do not even care what they are serving at the parties. It is all about what I am going to wear and how I am fixing my hair! Plus my extended family has another thing coming this year. None of them have seen me since surgery and they are going to fall over dead. I was always the one they compared their daughters to. All converasations around me were about diets and weight gain. What are they gonna talk about this year? Probably me some more, but I don't care. I'll be feeling good. Kathy
Darlene X
on 11/15/06 6:38 am - Maricopa, AZ
I am looking forward to going to our big Thanksgiving potluck, and various Church Potluck Christmas parties and not worrying about people staring at me thinking bad things about the "fat girl" up there in line who is gonna eat all the food....... people may be watching this year at what I eat, but not in the sense of "Oh my gosh look at how much that fatty is eating" I am excited to wear all my new outfits and acyually feel cute, or good about myself around the family. I too am loving photo's now, which I always hated before! I can't wait to send my parents new pictures to replace the ones we sent them last year. I think I still love food way too much though, I am still excited for all the foods, but happy I will be able to control myself a lot more this year.
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/18/06 6:08 pm - My Town, NH
For me, the holidays will be something to look forward to this year rather than dread. I'm choosing to participate more in life instead of locking myself away in my house and making excuses for myself. Food will be secondary for once! It will be there, but I will be able to manage it. I remember eating so much last Thanksgiving that I actually made myself sick. I was so full that I did not have a choice but to go to bed for a while. Yikes! No more of that! EVER! - Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views