Who does caffiene?

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/06 5:25 am - PA
I started drinking coffee decaf or 1/2 caf and sometimes FULL caf, depending on whats available. My doc and nut would prefer that we stay away from caffeine altogether, but they INSIST that we stay away from it for at least 6 months and it never counts towards our fluid intake. ANYWAYS, I notice when I do have full caffiene I get "drunk." and I SWEAR it is not in my head. Of course I get the short energy boost, but I also get very affectionate. Like I'll send my hubby and friends all e-mails telling them how much I love them etc. I'll call my hubby at work and ask if he wants to meet me at home for "lunch." Tee-hee. He was even worried about me one morning after I had coffee and was on my way to the grocery store. He said I was slurring my words! He didn't want me to drive. Really weird. Even alchohol never made me this way. I may have to have a designated driver next time I drink full caf coffee. I may have to have my friends and family take away my e-mail access and cell phone so I don't do any "drunk dialing..." Who knows what I am capable of in that state! Anyone else notice this? Kathy
~ Stylz ~
on 11/10/06 6:23 am - North of Boston, MA
hi, I'm Karen and I'm a coffee drinker!! I too was told no caffeine, but had absolutly NO energy level for the longest time so as a last resort I would drink a coffee here and there.... I still don't drink it regularly, but do have a coffee once a week (sometimes twice) and do drink acheivone which does have caffeine in it. I did tell my nutritionist I was drinking caffeine, but since I get in well over 80 oz of water a day she wasn't concerned that I have it. I've been told before if you drink a cup of coffee you should drink 2 cups of water to stay hydrated so I do that. I can't say I feel the way you do when I drink coffee, maybe they're slipping something in it!
HAILEY
on 11/10/06 8:14 am - CARSON CITY, NV
I can't drink coffee! I've tried a couple times and every time it makes me sick! decaf or caffinated! It's the one and only thing that will make me sick and throw up everytime I try it! I used to be able to drink coffee but not anymore! Hailey 245/153/141
RebekaA
on 11/10/06 8:38 am - Inland Empire, CA
I started coffee (full caff) again after 5 mo. I had NO energy and just couldn't get thru the mornings. I've never noticed any weird effects like you list tho! Wow! In fact, I rarely even get my caff "buzz" any more My dr. "prefers" we not drink it, but says if we do, to just drink extra water to make up for the dehydration it can cause.
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/10/06 9:44 am - My Town, NH
*Raises her hand and waves wildly!* I drink caffeine. My favorite vice at the moment is Arizona Diet Green Tea with Ginseng. It has caffeine in it but I'm not sure how much. It also has a "touch of honey" so I was initially afraid to try it. But it didn't affect me and I love, love, love it! I try to be a good girl and only indulge once I've had my 64+ ounces of water. I usually buy a 42 ounce bottle and make it last the whole week. It is so yummy. I never liked coffee. I'm tempted to try it though if it can make me feel like Kathy! My husband might really like it if I drank a cup of coffee and had that sort of reaction. I say, what's wrong with a little love sent through cyberspace, phone lines or even lunch delivery? It is a lot cheaper than alcohol! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 11/11/06 9:58 am - North of Boston, MA
I'm so hooked on Arizona diet green tea with ginseng! They sell a gallon container for about $3.00 I limit myself to a glass a day, its so good I could probably drink it all in 2 days! Nice lift of caffeine and yummy!
robinsaxton
on 11/10/06 8:29 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Kathy, I am not a coffee drinker, never have been. I haven't ever really felt any effects off of caffine, except one time, a looonnnnggg time ago when I drank a Jolt cola. Remember those? I am aging myself. Anyway, I don't feel energy from caffine and I don't drink any now. I might go back to regular iced tea, splenda sweetened of course. But right now I drink water or nothing. Guess I am not very adventurous. Robin
~ Stylz ~
on 11/11/06 10:01 am - North of Boston, MA
Jolt cola!! I remember those days way long ago.... Leaving the club at 3am, going to breakfast with friends, getting home around 6a and having to work at 10a. Jolt was my life saver!!
Mary M.
on 11/11/06 3:48 am - Livonia, MI
I drink a cup of coffee every morning with the OK of my surgeon. It does not count toward my fluid intake but I put a scoop of anyway flavorless protein in. It adds 70 cals. and 18 gms. of protein. I like the taste and this way it isn't wasted intake. (at least in my mind). I try to make everything I take in count for something. I have always been a coffee drinker and I waited until I got the OK from my surgeon. Have a great day. Mary PS- I wi**** affected me like you. I could use a boost, LOL.
miminjoey
on 11/11/06 1:35 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am drinking just plain coffe i drink caffine because it's hubby coffee...if i go for mocha it is decaff because I buy the decaff sugar free for me....I can only drink 1 cup no matter which it is because it makes me sick. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views