Updated blog

(deactivated member)
on 11/9/06 2:56 am - PA
I've updated my blog. Its too long to repeat here. Its my first time experiencing this situation. Tell me what your opinions on it are. Kathy
RebekaA
on 11/9/06 4:26 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Kathy, I read your blog. I've experienced similar situations too. You're right, they are SO uncomfortable. I guess it's to be expected and really they all mean well with the compliments, but yes, it sucks b/c they're reinforcing society's views that you are invisible unless you are pretty and thin! As MO people we were ignored and shunned--now all of sudden we're worthy?! Sucks! I have mixed feelings too. On one hand it's SO rude when people who didn't ever acknowledge you before, now are all up in your face! But I try to look at it a different way and give people the benefit of the doubt--I look at it as I am more approachable now b/c people have something obvious to start a conversation with me about--my WL. Does that make sense? I think also that since I don't ever tell people I had WLS, their focus on my WL makes me uncomfortable b/c I don't feel I really deserve the credit for it. I don't know if I would be as uncomfortable if I had done it "on my own." --Probably but who knows.
robinsaxton
on 11/9/06 4:34 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Kathy. Looks good. I haven't had time to work on mine. Maybe this weekend? I posted a comment. Not sure how those so up for you so I thought I'd let you know. You have to share a picture of you in that black dress when you have your parties! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/9/06 7:41 pm - My Town, NH
Sigh. I wish the world evaluated individuals based on something other than appearance. I have experienced this too. People at work that never even looked at me are stopping by my office to chat. I have to admit that I'm pleasant but not overly friendly sometimes. I want to ask them, "why am I worthy of your time now"??? I'm still me. I do agree that I might seem a bit more approachable now. I'm not constantly trying to hide from everyone. But those who liked me before losing weight definitely get more of my attention than others. I sometimes wonder what life would be like if I moved somewhere and no one knew I'd ever been so huge. How would it be different? My family will always know. But they have always loved me anyhow. I'm not sure that this is something we can change. I guess that I hope we will just remember what it was like to be ignored and try our hardest not to ignore others based on their appearance. Hugs, Stephanie
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/9/06 7:42 pm - My Town, NH
P.S. I want to see pictures of you in that jaw-dropping dress too!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views