Here we go again... SORRY!!

Darlene X
on 11/8/06 12:59 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok I know I just posted WOW's... and I feel bad cause I don't wanna post wow's cause I feel like it's "Hey look at me" hahaha... I know thats silly cause I love to hear other peoples sucess too... but anyway last night one of the most significant and top WOW's for me happened.... so I just HAD to post!!! FEET..... (This may be long) Ok back story... I HATED my feet growing up, they were huge... in New Zealand shoes only go to a 10, your lucky if you could get any 11's... and well 11's didnt fit me-- I needed 12's, 11's were not wide enough and we didnt have 11W's or any shoes with wider widths--- just regular sizes. I never had cute girl shoes... I had to buy feminine looking men's shoes for anything to fit... I hated it... I didnt go to my High School formal (Prom), because I wouldnt have a date, and even if I found a cute dress I could never find any nice shoes... When I came to the USA things were a little better.... though shoes for me were still extremely hard to find, I found payless did 12W's. Still all other stores only go to 11's (Avenue goes bigger but never had anything I liked and was expensive)... and most online 12W's were ugly and I didnt want to risk buying online and them not fitting. So everytime I saw a Payless I would check to see if they had anything... on odd occasion Id find something, wear them out and be desperately looking again. I'd be lucky to have 1 pair of shoes at one time I could wear to work... otherwise I wore mens flip flops.... Ok, so after that lengthy intro... you know where this is heading right????? Last night there was a huge car accident on the road out to our city--- there are really only 2 way's to get there... the traffic was backed up about 12 miles.... so we turned around, decided to go get some food, and run some errands and go home later when traffic was clear. After dinner we went to Target (I got some super cute outfits BTW hehe) Hubby was looking at shoes, so I thought.. what the heck... and pulled down some 11's to try... regular 11's- no wides... the size every store carries... they fit perfectly!!! I tried on another pair, they fit... and another and another... No more need for wides, no more need for Payless... I was so excited I probably spent an hour trying on shoes. I ended up with 2 cute pairs (I had 2 others as well but decided not to buy them right now)... I swear I could have cried... to fit normal shoes is the hugest biggest wow for me, better than a small size pants... I feel free, I feel like I can have cute feet!!!! The stupid car accident cost us $300 hahahaha
Sheila A.
on 11/8/06 1:31 am - Thermal, CA
That is so great Darlene, it feels great that even our feet are smaller! Sheila
jennb40
on 11/8/06 1:40 am - Nashua, NH
Now you can say "walk a mile in my shoes" and they will fit most people! EJ probably hates the fact he stopped in the shoe aisle! Anyway...what a great WOW moment for you...just call you Cinderella with the magic slippers! Barbara
Darlene X
on 11/8/06 2:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
Actually EJ was shoe shopping too... so it wasn't too rough on him LOL
RebekaA
on 11/8/06 2:03 am - Inland Empire, CA
Awwww! I'm so happy for you! It's little things like that that really keep me going too! Yay!
Mama-of-3
on 11/8/06 2:11 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Oh I totally hear you! My feet have shrunk, but my fingers are the worst. They are puny and my rings haven't fit me for months. I really want them resized but i'll wait a few more months before doing so. I'm glad you had fun shopping. It's my favorite pasttime!
Darlene X
on 11/8/06 2:30 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah I retired my rings a few months ago too-- Im single again now hehehe I just don't see the point in re-sizing them until Im at a stable weight
luckycat1
on 11/8/06 2:47 am - Cincinnati, OH
It is great to be able to buy normal shoes isn't it? I can wear some 10's but mostly 11m sizes. Congrats on all of your wow's lately. MJ
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/06 3:29 am - PA
That is so great Darlene! Now that you can buy shoes anywhere, you gotta be careful. Me and Zappos.com are best friends. I had to buy all new shoes recently because my old ones got too big. My hubby nearly had a fit. Men just don't understand that you need brown flats, black flats, brown work heels, black work heels, black going out heels, black formal heels, sandals, open toes, wedges, boots (in black and brown), at least one pair of red shoes, tennis shoes, workout shoes, walking shoes, dressy flip flops, sporty flip flops, flips flops in all colors with and without sequins, ballerina flats...ahhh.. I could go on and on. Shoes are my weakness... Kathy
Darlene X
on 11/8/06 3:36 am - Maricopa, AZ
LOL Kathy!!!! Im worried... I had way too much fun buying new shoes yesterday!!! I was never a shoe person, mainly cause I was ticked off nothing ever fit me... now I don't know what to do with myself... so many shoes so many possibilities!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views