Hello all!

nybebe
on 11/7/06 6:16 am - New York, NY
I just found out via my support group that there are surgery anniversary forums. What a concept!!! I realize you have all been together for some time, but I wanted to check in and introduce myself, and send regards to you all.... I had RNY Gastric Bypass on March 16th, with Dr. Alfons Pomp in NYC. He did a great job of managing my expectations -- and what he said is really what's happened. My starting weight was 244.5 and is now 177.5 -- The doc. let me know upfront that because I was small (5 feet) I would have a more difficult time than folks who are taller and have larger amounts to lose. I'm an every day weigher -- I know that might be a bit excessive, but the temptation is too great to resist. I'm relieved to see that other people are experiencing plateaus and smaller incremental losses. I'm hoping to get to 170 by the new year..... My best to you all....
RebekaA
on 11/7/06 8:18 am - Inland Empire, CA
Welcome Welcome Welcome! Great to have you along! I'm an everyday weigher too. Makes it easier for me actually seeing all the fluctuations prevents me from freaking out when I stall or go up a little. Wishing you continued success! Rebeka 284/261/181/150
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/7/06 11:26 pm - My Town, NH
Hiya Beth-Ellen! Welcome to our group! It sounds like you are doing great. Thanks for introducing yourself to us and we hope to hear from you again soon! Keep up the great work! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 11/7/06 11:36 pm - Columbia, MD
Hi Beth. Welcome! This is a great board. You will enjoy it. I weigh every day too. It keeps me in check. I don't ever want to see the scale go back up. Keeps me honest and motivated. Sounds like you are doing really great. Keep it up. I am sure you'll see 170 by the new year. Hugs. Robin
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views