Size 12 is Fat???

Darlene X
on 11/8/06 3:56 am - Maricopa, AZ
OMG that is the stupidist thing Ive ever heard!! size 8 plus??? Seriously there are some issues here LOL
robinsaxton
on 11/8/06 5:37 am - Columbia, MD
That is sooo ridiculous!!! My goal is a 12 too. They say that the average woman in america is a size 14. I read in US magazine or something like it that in TV land you can't be any bigger than a 2 and they prefer 0. One person said that all they brought for her clothes were size 0's, she was 4 I think and they all (tv producers, etc) got upset because they had to get bigger sizes. I think anyone who feels a 12 is plus size is just plain crazy and out of touch with reality! Those fat suits drive me crazy too. On one of those bachlorette shows, a girl dressed up in a suit and was introduced to the guys that knew her before the "suit". They all were rather turned off by her but I noticed that she was unfriendly, shy and sometimes even rude with them. Of course she wouldn't be attractive with that attitude!!! Oh well. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/8/06 10:24 pm - My Town, NH
Robin, I'm so glad that I'm not the only one irritated by those suits. I guess I'll never be on television since I'll never be a size 2! I'm okay with that. I'll just put a 1 in front of the 2 and be happy. Hugs, Stephanie
HAILEY
on 11/8/06 8:31 am - CARSON CITY, NV
Hi all! I just have to say I'm 5' 2 and my size 12's are just starting to get baggy (even though I just bought them), I'll go out dancing at a club or shopping and notice I am skinnier then most average woman, except for like the young 20 year olds, I think 12 is average! Plus I went to the et link you posted Stephanie and they didn't just make her bigger they gave her nappy hair braces and clothes most big girls wouldn't wear! Size 12 is a wonderful place to be! That's just my 2 cents! Hailey 245/153/141
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/8/06 10:26 pm - My Town, NH
Hailey, thanks for your 2 cents! I agree that size 12 is a great place to be. Basically, I think that any size someone is comfortable at is a great place to be. I just get tired of the media classifying sizes as fat or thin! Congrats on your size 12s getting baggy! Soon you'll leave those behind for 10s! - Stephanie
AZGirl
on 11/9/06 12:48 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Gosh...I'm only 5'1" and I would be SO happy to be in a size 12. It makes me depressed to think when I get there I will still be considered plus-sized or fat. Geez...I'm in an 18 now....I can only imagine how I am currently viewed by the world.
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/9/06 10:05 pm - My Town, NH
Hey AZ Girl! I'm betting you look amazing in your size 18s! You'll be in a size 12 soon. No depression for you. Keep your chin up and know that you're healthier than you once were and certainly healthier than the size zero models we are bombarded with! Hugs, Stephanie
AZGirl
on 11/10/06 12:29 pm - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
Hi Stephanie, Thank you for the kind words. Although I am mostly a lurker, I must tell you that I admire you for your upbeat attitude and positive comments to everyone. It's so difficult for me to have a positive attitude, due to the fact that I am a slow loser and very hard on myself because of that, but I am really trying to be better. Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post. It certainly made me feel better and I thank you for that! Joanne
Amy I.
on 11/9/06 11:17 pm - KS
Stephanie, I am a size 10! Even though my head is telling me that I am still big( head games), I do feel better! And that is very important to me! And I think that my head is stuck in the world and not the "real world"! ( i need to work on that)I haven't been this size since high school. I saw the segment last night and thought that she was unattractive but not because of her size but because of what she had on! And it made her look bigger. If only the world could see us for what we are on the inside! A size 12 is not BIG but average! And everyone that gets there or NOT is doing great!( including myself!) Amy I
miminjoey
on 11/11/06 1:39 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
wel i am doomed to be fat forever then because 12 is my goal...and besides the average woman is now a 14...so 12 would actually be a thin woman.....and i tell ya what it wasn't them snickering because she was a 12 but because they always make them look freakin stupid when they do those make over things...they never make them pretty bigger people. Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views