Confession time!!

(deactivated member)
on 11/7/06 4:20 am - PA
Darlene's previous post got me thinking. What did you do before surgery - if anything - to hide your bad eating habits. I was a binger (and purger) and mine are: 1. Go through fast food drive throughs and ask for separate orders, separate bags and separate tickets to hide the fact that everything I ordered was actually for me and noone else. 2. Throw leftover wrappers/ food containers directly into the outside trash bin so my family would not know that I had eaten. 3. Lie and tell my hubby that I threw away an entire cake because I was "sick of looking at it" when the truth was I had binged and eaten the entire thing. and 4. Told my family that something "just didn't settle right" when the truth was, I had just eaten myself sick and throwing up was the only way I was going to feel better. There. The shameful truth. Anyone else want to confess? I won't judge... Kathy
Darlene X
on 11/7/06 4:32 am - Maricopa, AZ
Shameful confessions huh... I really didnt need to hide food from Hubby... cause well he was 520lbs... enough said... So I would gorge myself at home and didnt need to hide the wrappers... Im guilty of order 2 drinks in the drive through to try hide the fact the food was all for me... 2 drinks equal 2 people eating right? When Hubby had surgery, and I was still pre-op... when we went out, I would take his fork, and plate and make a mess so it looked like he had eaten... and I hadn't just eaten my whole meal, plus dessert.... I was embaressed and wanted it to look like we had shared... I would make a huge casserole pan of enchiladas or lasagne etc and I can't believe together for dinner we would eat almost the whole pan..... Your topic has me thinking, and honestly I am completely disgusted with myself and my old habits.... I have no valid excuse for been overweight, I was a complete glutton. I don't ever want to be that way again... I am so scared of regain and old habits returning! Darlene
BabyRuth2u
on 11/7/06 4:45 am - Pittsburgh, PA
I never had to hide any food at home . But as Darlene mentioned I would do the buy an extra beverage thing also whenever I ordered two hamburgers so it looked like it was for two people. Oh, here's one I could eat almost a whole bag of Buster Bars from the DQ. If I didnt finish all 6 before the day was over I'd have the last one or two the next day. Gosh do I miss Buster Bars. LOL They are good.
luckycat1
on 11/7/06 1:07 pm - Cincinnati, OH
I would go to two different fast food resturants to order. I would take the back way home sometimes --there was a wendy's and a mcdonalds on the way. depending on my mood I would stop at one of them. eat on the way home then stop at the steak and shake or some other fast food resturant and eat again about 1 hour later or when i got home mj
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/7/06 11:45 pm - My Town, NH
*Sigh* It's so embarrassing when I recall these kind of behaviors. There are so many! Here are a few: 1. Sneaking food to my room as a child so that I could eat while reading and my parents would not know what I was eating and how much. 2. Sneaking food to my room as an adult so that I could eat while reading and my husband would not know what I was eating and how much. 3. Yup, I used all of the drive-thru tricks too! 4. Eating an entire meal BEFORE going out to dinner with friends so that I wouldn't eat so much in front of them. 5. Calling in sick to work and heading to the grocery store to stock up on all of my favorites. Then I would sit in my dark house all day long and watch TV and eat! 6. Closing my office door at work so that no one would know how much I was eating and the kinds of things I was eating. I sometimes struggle with wanting to use these behaviors again. I try to remind myself that I don't do this kind of stuff anymore. I eat reasonable amounts of food and eat types of food that don't require hiding. Great post Kathy! Hugs, Stephanie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views