So my father-in-law calls me last night.....

BabyRuth2u
on 11/6/06 9:19 pm - Pittsburgh, PA
....and he asks me if I'm wearing the correct bra. LOL I'm thinking what??? Seems he was watching Oprah and they were discussing proper bra fittings and how most women do not wear the correct bra. He wondered since I had the surgery and all that maybe I wasn't etc etc. You have to know my FIL, he is a character in a half. He's like "Hello, I have a question for you". I'm like "Ok" (we rarely talk on the phone, only when Dave has his hands for or something and will hand me the phone for a sec and I cringe to have to talk to him LOL) Anyways, rarely talk to him, so when my cell phone rang (DH was not home had a class) and he was calling me at first I pannicked wondering, thinkingn something was wrong. And he hits me with that. LOL So I told him probably not wearing the right size. He goes on to tell me about how you can go to places and they will do a fitting etc. How some women were wearing cup sizes larger than they should be or had smaller ones, and stuff about straps. LOL And then the convo eventually went off on to Plastic surgery, and other wls stuff and then per ususual why we should sell our house and move to a better neighborhood (like we can afford 300, 400, 700, thousand dollar houses like he does) yea buddy, how about you come buy us one in a "better" neighborhood and we'll move there. LOL anyways... I got off the subject. Where were we? Oh yea bras. I mention this event because I know recently I've seen at places that they do bra fittings but I don't want to get one done because I dont want some strange woman tape measuring around my sagging boobs, hanging side fat etc. So I wondered if any of you have not done a bra fitting either as of yet for the same reason? I just keep trying different ones and trying to find the one that fits the best and hope its working right. I am way down in sizes around my body, but am still a cup size DD. Yes a DD cup in a 42 is much smaller than a 56, but im still a DD which I guess is cool, makes me look like I have boobs once its all stuffed in there. LOL When the bras off though it looks like I have no boobs, like im a 12 year old, nothing in the chest area at all, flat as a pancake, but looks like a just have more of a belly because its all gone more south than it was before. LOL So anyone had a bra fitting?
(deactivated member)
on 11/6/06 9:42 pm - PA
I had one at Victoria's Secret earlier on. Some 17 year old tried to tell me I was a 38 DD. LOL!! My girlfriend at work used to measure and she told me how to do it myself. You measure around your ribcage underneath your breasts and that is your band size. Then you measure around your breast at the fullest part. The difference between this measurement and the one before determines your cup size. So if there is a 1 inch difference you are an A cup, 2 inches = B, 3 inches=C, etc. This is how I measure and I recently bought 2 new 36 C bras. They fit great. Kathy
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/7/06 12:11 am - My Town, NH
Ruth Ann, I think it's so funny that your father-in-law called about bra sizes! I think I would faint if mine did that! I'm waiting for a sizing. I'm not really sure what I'm waiting for. I guess I think I should wait until I'm closer to being finished losing weight. I have used the method Kathy mentions and that seems to work for me too. I might wonder what he will call about next!!!! Hugs, Stephanie
lpaulson5
on 11/8/06 6:41 am - golden valley, MN
Hi Ruth Ann, I went to Nordstroms this spring after about 20 pounds wight loss, because I know when the girls are fitted right they look so much better. The woman- mid 40's from England, very proper and nice- changed me from a 42D to a 38DD. The girls looked great! I planned to go back , but in August was diagnosed with breast cancer and am now on that journey. Now my reconstructed breast is failing due to fat necrosis(death) and infection, so my breasts are really goofy looking. But at least I can wear a bra again, after 5 1/2 weeks of either not wearing one or usung an ace bandage for support. Not too professional of feminine looking! Good luck, check out Nordstroms or another upscale department store. The price is more than Target or Walmart, but you'll be amzed at how much better you look and feel with a new bra. Lisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views