Looking for friends in the DC area!

GypsyDragonfly
on 11/5/06 11:31 pm - Reston, VA
I am new to the Reston area of DC and am looking for friends, penpals in the area who have had RNY this year. I am single and 35 and also looking for friends in the area to go out with. I am new to this site and find it hard to search for people by location. I would love some contact from those in my similar situation for support, friends, etc. Looking forward to hearing from you, Audra (gypsydragonfly)
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/6/06 12:12 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Audra! I'm sorry that I'm not in the DC area but I did just want to say welcome to the Marchers board! There is a Washington DC forum that you could try. It doesn't look very active, but you could email folks who have posted in the past. Here is the link: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/DC/ Best of luck! - Stephanie
robinsaxton
on 11/6/06 4:58 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Audra. I live in Columbia, MD. I probably just over an hours drive from you, in good traffic. I'd love to meet you sometime. I don't mind driving different places, especially since we are still fairly new to the area. Have you checked with your local hospital(s)? If they perform the surgery, chances are they have a support group. Feel free to email me anytime. Hugs, Robin
GypsyDragonfly
on 11/6/06 5:27 am - Reston, VA
Robin, do you realize you and I both had surgery on March 15th?!!! That is so cool! We definately have to meet. I have a somewhat wierd schedule, so you may have to work around me. I moved up here to be a nanny and help out my sister who just had twins 5 weeks ago. Since you have kids, you know how hard the first 3 months are. I am here to help with the feedings (every 3 hrs) and let her have some time off too so she and her husband don't go crazy and kill each other. I don't really have time off, but would love it if you could come over sometime. I don't know your schedule, but you can let me know. My real email is [email protected] if you would rather contact me there, that way we don't have public conversations on this site, not too sure how this thing works. Let me know what works for you. Audra btw... I had 2 replys that Fairfax hospital has meetings on the first Monday of the month, that being tonight. They say its about 75 people or so and the subject tonight in on gallstones after surgery. I didn't have time to go to this one, but someone else let me know there is an informal get together at Panera bread in Fairfax on the 3rd Saturday of the month... perhaps we could both attend that! I've got to tell you something else, but only over personal email, so I'll let you in on that.
Darlene X
on 11/6/06 5:33 am - Maricopa, AZ
I wish I was in DC!! Sorry--- wanna come hang out in AZ? hahaha I have the hardest time making friends... wish I was there
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views