wondering..

.~ Kimberlina ~.
on 11/5/06 9:44 am - Macomb, MI
Ok I'm still wondering, b/c I hear yes and NO.. Do people Stop losing after only 6 months? I'm going on 7 months soon, and have Not lost what I thought I was gonna be at. Maybe Im being selfish bout myself, But Somedays I feel like I failed. Does it stop? Do people gain after 6 months? (and no i have not gained but I'm just at a stand still like this IS IT) Just wondering your thoughts and suggestions. thanks Million hugs Kimberlina 273/188/145
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/5/06 10:06 am - My Town, NH
Kimberlina, you haven't failed! Let's look at the facts. You have lost (according to your stats) 85 pounds. You have 43 pounds to go to reach your goal. There's a big difference between being 128 pounds overweight and 43 pounds overweight. Right? It makes perfect sense that our bodies are going to slow WAY down in the losing category. It's difficult for most of us to understand, but people who have forty or so pounds to lose don't lose it quickly. I'm so accustomed to thinking about losing over a hundred pounds that I have no concept of how long it takes for a "normal" (which you are, by the way!) person to lose forty pounds. I think that people who are six months out CAN stop losing. And, they CAN gain weight. But, I suspect that you are not one of those people. You'll continue to work at it and you'll continue to lose. Hang in there! Believe me, I'm right there with you! Hugs, Stephanie
luckycat1
on 11/5/06 10:28 am - Cincinnati, OH
I sure hope we are not done. :>). Man I still have about 25 lbs to go to get to my doctor's goal and 55 to get to my 1st goal. As long as we continue to follow the rules we will all continue to lose weight. My doctor told me to expect about a 10-12 lb. loss a month or a little less. He told me to stop worry about what the scale says and concentrate on all of the positive things that have changed since I had surgery. That is hard because I am a slave to the scale. You have done a great job. Look at all the positive changes since you had surgery. Follow the rules and the weight loss will follow. MJ
Shana M.
on 11/5/06 11:31 am - KY
Your not alone. I have been sitting at the same weight for about 2 months or more. It's frustrating and I feel like when I hit 6 months my body just said "all done!". It does have a tendancy to make you start feeling like a failure. I just keep telling myself that I will reach my goal, I'm just getting there a little slower than I had hoped. You'll get there! Shana
~ Stylz ~
on 11/5/06 12:09 pm - North of Boston, MA
hi Kimberlina. None of us are done losing, but it will slow down because we're further out. I was also told by my doctor and nutritionist that losing does slow down when you get closer to goal and when you're under 200lbs. I'm still losing, but its usually 0-1.5 lbs a week and its been like that for a couple months now... hope this helps! 261.2/159.4/135.2
Darlene X
on 11/5/06 11:03 pm - Maricopa, AZ
You are SOOO NOT done losing! Girl quit thinking like that!!!!! We lose for a good 18+ months.... but 6 months seems to be where our bodies slow down a lot (Which is COMPLETELY NORMAL!!), like they should! We should be losing around 5-10lbs a month now. My body stalls for about 3-4 weeks, then drops some weight... its been happening like that for the last few months.... You look amazing!!!!! I would get rid of that scale for a few months, focus on good eating and exercise.... Most people get to goal around 12 months--- your only 8 months out!!! Give yourself time!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views