wondering i fI am behind in WL

TracyS
on 11/3/06 11:39 pm - St.Thomas, Canada
Hello to all of you marchers; I had WLS on the 20th of March and I no its not good to compare to others and their accomplishments because we all lose at different times and amounts but.... can you all post approx. what the weight loss has been for you since your surgery. I have recently went back to the protien shakes and fluid intake the slowing of food consumtion, but I feel that my weightloss has came to not just a hault but a complete stop. And would like to compare just how simular WLS is for ppl...thanks in advance and sorry to be a pain in the.... Tracy ps..hehehe maybe I should post my own losses to day of surgery 283lbs November weigh in 190 lbs total loss of 93 lbs ?
miminjoey
on 11/3/06 11:56 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
sounds like you are right on target to me...Day of surgery for 278 today 183 loss of 95 pounds
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 12:21 am
My weight loss stopped a few months back because I consume a lot of junk. I hurt myself the other day I think I pulled a musle and it scared me into thinking it was because I was eating to much fried, sweets and foods that were just plain old wrong for me (and I knew it). I wen't back to Fitday.com and logged in what I was eating as I had done in the past. No surprise here, I was only getting in about 50-60 grams of protein my nut suggested I get at least 80-90 and I an honestly say, I don't think that I have every gotten anywhere near not even 70 grams this entire time and not only that, I have only drank about 30-50 at the extreme max of fluids since I ever had the surgery. I did some soul searching this week. My weight has has gone up and down to 195.8 over the last week or so. I took the challenge and frank at least 70 oz of water use Fitday tracked my protein and got in 100 grams on at least 4 days and guess what?,,,,,, I am back down to 192 on the low end which means if I exercise this weekend and continue this same course next week, I will be down I know at least to 190 by next Sat. I knew I was doing wrong and it took that scare for me to really sit up and look at what I was going. I honestly didn't eat less and really hate to tell you that on all of these days I had 2 candy bars regular size (I swear) I just think the intake of protein and water made all of the difference for me. After another heart to heart with myself AGAIN I am not going to eat the candy bars next week but I will eat some SunChips because I like the and I will have cashews. It works for me and if I continue to lose than I will know it is because of the protein and water. Good luck to you in whatever you do. I say this all of the time but this is such a struggle.
peggy5681
on 11/4/06 3:38 am - monroe, MI
Tracy you are doing great!!!! surgery weight 278 current weight 169 total loss 109lbs my height is 5"7 and I am 41 yrs old
Stephanie Smiles
on 11/4/06 6:41 am - My Town, NH
Tracy, you've lost more than I have, had surgery after I did and I have more weight to lose than you do. I'd say you are doing just fine. - Stephanie Weight date of surgery: 316 pounds Current weight: 234 pounds Lost: 82 pounds
RebekaA
on 11/4/06 9:19 am - Inland Empire, CA
Oh man!! You guys are all WAY ahead of me!!! Oh well. Good job Marchers! Day of Surgery: 261 Today: 181 Total: 80 lost post op
Amy I.
on 11/4/06 11:08 am - KS
Hi Tracy! What a fine Job you are doing! I also had surgery on the 20th. That makes us "SURGERY SISTERS". Day of surgery 290 November 4 th wiegh in 173 Total wieght loss -117 Amy I
luckycat1
on 11/4/06 11:16 am - Cincinnati, OH
Tracy you are doing an awesome job day of surgery 361 Oct 31st weigh in at doctor's 216 total loss 145 pounds. I know I do not get in enough fluids. Lateley I have not had a problem with the cards --I just rediscovered Bugles. The corn snacks that look like long fingernails. (when I was little we used to put them on our fingers and pretend we had long nails). Anyway I have eaten quite a few in the past few days. I need to through the bag away. I think it is the salt that I am craving. Oh well enough about me. You really are doing a great job. Keep it up. MJ
funnygirl
on 11/5/06 3:49 am - Clayton, DE
Hi..haven't posted in a while but was reading the March Post ops and it looks as though we are all facing the same issues...eating more, stagnant weight loss, etc. Here are my stats.. March 09,2006 Weight day of surgery: 267 Weight today: 165 Total weight loss: 102 I do not excercise as I cannot get motivated but I am sure if I did that total number would change. I don't have issues with anything so far..I eat just about anything if it doesn't have sugar..I haven't touched sugar and really don't miss it...I think my biggest transgression is my NEED (?) for Dunkin Donuts coffee..cream and 10 splendas...every day... Good luck Kathy
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/5/06 9:37 am
Pre-op weight 421, leaving hospital post-op weight 435, 3 mo. check up 340, today 11/5/06 315. I reached a 13 wk plateau at month 4, 5, 6. Everyone says don't compare yourself to others, however, my surgeon wasn't happy with my loss at 3 mos. He said "Typically we expect to see a 33% loss at this time". When the loss stopped for 3 mos. I was freaking out. I journaled everything. When I shared my food journal at the support meeting,
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views