HELP---I HOPE IT'S NOT STRETCHED!

babygurlpaj
on 11/1/06 3:41 am - SOMEWHERE OUT THERE, TX
I have a question for you Marchers---I am so scared of my pouch being stretched out. How much are you guys able to eat now? What can cause my pouch to stretch? I need help I have lost 102lbs now and have about 48 more lbs to go.....Help give me some advice I am scared my pouch has stretched out.
Darlene X
on 11/1/06 4:41 am - Maricopa, AZ
Ok, your pouch has NOT stretched out.... It would take a LOT of major overeating, or serious daily episodes of vomiting for something like that to happen... so first breathe.... We are progressing, and can naturally eat more... its normal, talk to any post-op who is 1 year+ out of surgery. What are you eating that is making you fret over it?
babygurlpaj
on 11/1/06 5:48 am - SOMEWHERE OUT THERE, TX
Well--it''s just that what I usually eat and be about stuffed does not do it anymore...It seems I am eating more and I really don't want to do that. Like today I had a baked pork chop it was small but there was a day I could only eat maybe 3bites of it along with green beans or something. but today I almost ate the entire thing. Oh my goodness....i just have a fear. Another thing I have been messing up on is drinking fluids a little tooo early after eating.....I'm just confused, scared and just don't want to be a failure and start to gain my weight back....................
miminjoey
on 11/1/06 10:33 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
go back to the basics, drink more fluids....i have spells where I seem like I can really put away some food...so i go back to measuring 4 oz when it's gone i get up from the table even if I don't think I am full...it takes your brain 20 mins to catch up with your belly....I think even lees for our belly's but still....they aren't running on the same clock...and if need be set a timer for a few days so that you don't rink too soon afterwards...after awhile you'll have that built in alarm clock....hang in there you are doing great. Mimi
robinsaxton
on 11/2/06 1:01 am - Columbia, MD
Ditto with the others. Our pouches will hold more at this stage. I can eat anywhere from 1/2 to 1 1/2 cups of food, depending on the density of it. I don't often eat over 1 cup but occassionally I have been able to, like if I am eating a lot of salad or veggies. Stick with the right choices. Take your time when you eat. My NUT says that each meal should take 20 minutes to eat. I will admit that sometimes a meal will take me only 10 minutes but that is because it is oatmeal, cottage cheese, yogurt or some other similar consistency food. I have to remind myself all the time to eat slowly. It helps me to feel fuller faster. Hang in there. You have not failed nor have you stretched your pouch. Hugs, Robin
babygurlpaj
on 11/3/06 12:53 am - SOMEWHERE OUT THERE, TX
Thank you guys for the encouraging words. I will start over and see what I can do with that. It's that time of the month for the woman thing and of course I could go crazy on some food...and I am trying really hard to get to my goal weight by Xmas--I need to loose 55-60 more lbs...........well I better get on the ball......if I don't reach by Xmas as long as I am at my goal by my Anniversay date 03/20/06 so far I have lost 102lbs and my scales only move like once a month now.......and then when it moves it's like I loose 10lbs over night......crazy. You guys are looking great also.
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 12:33 am
I really think I stretched my tummy as well. I have noticed for me over the last few weeks that I am eatting until I am stuffed like I used to feel when I was fat(ter). I also noticed that I would nto get that feeling until about 15 mins. after I have eatten and by then, it is too late to stop eating because the damage is done. I am setting new rules for myself because I can feel the stitch between my old and new tummy coming apart. I have an appointment on Tuesday and I am truly going to ask if I could have stretched my stomach out. Some things that they tell you can stretch your stomach is drinking through a straw, drinking carbinated drinks, overeating over time (might be me), grazing or snacking (me), and drinking too soon after eating. As I say on all of my post, this eating thing is a struggle we will have to endure for the reamining of our days. It is so not the easy way out and if we are not careful (this is for me) I am going to go back to the big whale at home never going any place like I used to do then what? I refuse to have another surgery because I prayed to God that if I made it to the other side I was going to do all it took to stay successful. Thank God that he is a forgiving God because if he wasn't, I would be back to 272 pounds. Good luck to you .
(deactivated member)
on 11/4/06 12:40 am
I had a mammoth (hope it is spelled right) pork chop the other night and not only was it big, it was friend. I can eat an entire breakfast sandwich, a whole crabcake, a whole bag of chips, 1 cup of nuts. Do I need to go on? Someone on one of my post said to me just because you can eat it does not mean that you have to. Ding!!! the light in my head went on and I said you know, she may be right. I just don't get full as quickly as I used to and it is leading me to eating other stuff along with my meal to try to fill me up. I am praying on this one. Sometimes, if I eat half of something my heart won't let me put it in the trash because I feel like I would be wasting my dollar. That is crazy but I am hear to say that not ONE of us on this board is perfect and we want to try other things and may eat when we are not suppose to but I am here to represent the FORREALNESS. Crapy happens. read my other post below. I hope this is helpful to you. I know I read on a post when I first joined this board on the main board that if you later log that you get really full and don't consume as much. I just ordered a book on the benefits of drinking vinegar. I am going to try to see if I can do that for about 2 weeks to see if it works to burn fat. You drink one capful in 8 oz of water. Not recommending you try but here is another last ditch effort on my side.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views