Whats everyone eating now...

amyb66
on 10/30/06 1:42 am - Bolling AFB, DC
I am always curious what everyone else is eating from day to day and how much now can you eat? Thanks and you are all amazing!! Amy at goal...132
Darlene X
on 10/30/06 3:18 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey My breaskfasts are always either eggs or oatmeal right now. When I have eggs, I eat about 1 egg scrambled with veggies and sometimes meat in it. Probably 1/2C or so.... I eat a whole low sugar packet of oatmeal. Snacks I always have for the morning, a 1 oz string cheese & fruit (A banana, apple or grapes), afternoon snack I always have a 6oz yogurt. Lunches, is leftovers or maybe a deli wrap... I can eat a whole wrap made from a small (Fajita size) whole wheat tortilla, a slice of cheese, some deli meat slices & veggies. Left overs Im probably eating 1/2 to 3/4C of food. If I have salad I eat about 1 Cup of lettuce, with veggies & about 1-2oz of meat. Dinners are whatever, but generally Im eating 1/2 to 3/4 Cup of food. Depends what it is, and some nights Im not hungry and will just have fruit & cheese again. I feel like Im eating a lot, but when i start to really think about it and compare to before I laugh.... Friday night I had a craving for a McDonalds cheeseburger... pre-surgery I could eat 3 or 4 of those (They really aren't that big), with a large fries and a drink. I haven't been to McDonalds in about 8 months and went for the first time... I got a single cheese burger, threw the top bun in the trash, ate the thin meat pattie w/ cheese, the pickle and maybe 1/3rd of the bottom bun and I was stuffed.... it was kind of funny to me...
Courtney B.
on 10/30/06 5:22 am - Lancaster, CA
I still dont feel I eat alot, just all the time. I have found if I dont eat every 2 hours on the nose, my pouch HURTS. Typical day is 9 oz protein shake with 2 scoops protein, that tides me over till lunch. Lunch is about half a lean cuisine. I go to work around 4, and usually have something before. I get a break @ 2 hours, and have about a cup of goldfish or something like that for snack. @ 4 hours of work, I get my lunch and just come home and usually will make something with lots of protein. I get off work about 2-3 hours after coming back from lunch and will snack on something. I feel like Im eating more times now than before surgery, but the amounts are so much smaller. OMG and halloween candy being out is REALLY hard to work around (I work at Walmart). I have been SOOOOOO bad this month and the fact that I dont dump really sucks. Its hard to say no to the old monsters when they rear their ugly heads. I will be so glad when its gone! Thats a typical day for me. CONGRATS on being at goal! Courtney
Nadine O.
on 10/30/06 7:37 am - Baltimore, MD
I drink a lot of green tea. I eat rice or pasta very very rarely. Breakfast- Usually a hot cereal. I usually eat oatmeal a couple times a week. I can eat an egg that isn't cooked to hard. I try to stick with splenda or nutrasweet, but I can tolerate regular sugar. Linch- I can eat a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I eat bread maybe 2-3 times per week. I can also eat a regular hotdog on a roll. Dinner- A meat and a vegetable Snack- I can eat a hand full of nuts. Some times I may eat 3-4 cubes of cheese. I still peel an apple before I eat it. I try to remind myself to eat 5-6 times a day because there are days when I've gone all day with out eating. Nadine O.
Happy to be in
Onederland

on 11/5/06 10:11 am
Breakfast: 4 oz low fat cottage cheese, or Banana and 4 oz yogurt or Weight control oatmeal, or two rice cakes w/2 tsp. peanut butter, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp relish (I know your thinking yuk, but its very good and filling) Snack: 2 low fat string cheese w/6 cherry tomatoes, or small banana, or 1 cup cantaloupe, or 6 oz low fat yogurt Lunch: Lean Cuisine Snack: America's Best Protein Bar or 1 oz Snyder Nibblers or 1 oz Soy Crisps Dinner: Lean Cuisine Snack: Whatever I need to reach my protein goal usually if I have the protein bar I don't need to have anything else, but if I am hungry, I will have a piece of fruit.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views