My friend Beth needs our help. Please read...

Beckers
on 10/27/06 2:11 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
Hello Marchers! We are all about 7 months out, and we've had so many WOW moments and reasons to be glad we made the choice to have this surgery. My friend Beth is about to have RNY GB next Friday, Nov. 3rd. She is nervous, of course. We teach at the same school, and she has been there by my side as I've shrunk and rediscovered myself I would like to dedicate this post to her. Could you all post a message here for her to see? Can we encourage her and tell her about how WLS has opened up a new life for us? I want to print this out and give it to her the day before her surgery, so she can look back at it whenever she feels afraid or doubtful. She is not much of a computer person, and I've tried to get her to visit the OH forums, but.... Thanks in advance Rebecca M. 269/173/150
Beckers
on 10/27/06 2:23 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
I'll start Beth- I'm so excited about your new life you're about to start! You always GIVE to people, and rarely do things for yourself. This is your chance to focus inward, and do something for YOU. You deserve to have a full, pain-free life. Think about going on those amusement rides with your boys. Think about moving around pain-free, without joint pain. Think about the extra years you'll get with your family. Think about our future shopping trips to the Gap! heheh You know this surgery has been a GIFT, and a MIRACLE for me. I'm so happy you are receiving this same gift *hugs* Rebecca
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/27/06 8:37 pm - My Town, NH
Hi Beth. Congratulations on making a decision that will improve your life in ways you can't imagine! I know the decision itself was difficult to make and the preparation for surgery is tough too. But now you're there! It's time to focus on you for a while and learn to live with your new stomach. Walk a lot, rest a lot and try to drink a lot. Also remember that it will take time to work up to meeting all of the water, protein and vitamin requirements. But that's okay. You'll get there! I wish you a safe surgery and a restful recovery! - Stephanie Surgery on March 6, 2006 Highest weight: 350 pounds Date of surgery: 316 pounds Current weight: 237 pounds
sparkles
on 10/28/06 12:20 am - North Richland Hills, TX
Beth, This was the best decision I ever made. I have worked hard, and it hasn't always been easy.. but its worth it. It's worth everything. My stats: Highest Weight (Jan 2006) 384 Surgery weight (3/27/06) 372 Current weight (10/28/06) 270 I've lost 114 lbs since I started this trek and I feel 100 times better than I ever have. Hang in there, It'll be alright! Amy
Tamara L.
on 10/28/06 12:44 am - Winston-Salem, NC
Hello Beth! Congratulations on your decision to empower yourself on making the best decision you could ever make for the rest of your life! The "unknown" is always a big anxiety factor in any endeavor....however, please know from the hundreds and hundreds of testimonies documented here on the OH site that unimaginable joys are waiting out there for you! Throughout the journey you will experience highs and lows, joys and frustrations--keep looking at the big picture and where you are headed. When I began, I was pre-diabetic with a hemoglobin A1-C of 9.8, a blood pressure of 160/102, a heart rate of 112, facing knee surgery, bilateral hip and lower back pain, asthma, sleep apnea....and I could go on and on. I am only 41 years old and knew life would be short for me if I kept on that way. Post-op, my hemoglobin A1C is 3.4, my blood pressure is 106/60, heart rate 55, NO knee, hip or back pain, NO asthma, NO sleep apnea. I fit comfortably in restaurant booths, airline seats, theatre seats---can tie my shoes comfortably, cross my legs either way, and this list goes on and on! I'm looking forward to hear about your post-surgery list as it occurs! Take care, God Bless and sit back and enjoy the journey! Tamara K. Surgery 3/21/06--Wt 310 Now--212 (minus 98 lbs!) Goal--150
miminjoey
on 10/28/06 2:00 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Hi Beth!!! 1st let me say you have an awsome friend and I know she'll be there for you every step of the way. I know just the thoughts of what ifs can be very scary, but just think of the what ifs if you don't. In a few months you'll be dancing for joy because of the smallest things...for me it was fitting in my bathtub and I had water on all sides. I went to the movies with my kids and didn't have to wiggle into the set. My bloodsugar lvls are normal, my blood pressure is down, my asthma is all but gone..and I have a life again with all my wonderful babies that i didn't even know I was missing out on. This is and will be the best thing you can do for yourself, it will open dorrs you didn't know were closed or even exsisted. Welcome to the journey of a new wonderufl life! Mimi
miminjoey
on 10/28/06 2:02 am - Fort Bragg, NC
I forgot to add My highest weight, I don't even know I was too scared to get on a scale consult weight 315 day of surgery 278 today 185 down 130 pounds Mimi
RebekaA
on 10/29/06 4:58 am - Inland Empire, CA
Hi Beth, Congratulations on making it thru the waiting!!! It won't be long now until you're on the "losing side!" It can be a scary thing, but really what you're doing is taking back your control! No longer will food dictate your life, no longer will your weight hold you back! You're on your way to a HEALTHIER you and a fuller life! No more thinking--"If I weren't fat--I'd do this/go there/wear that!" It's up to you now! The possibilities are endless. I know it's a big step to take, but I'm so happy and SO grateful every single day that I took it. This has been such a gift for me! I know it will be for you too. Gone will be the aches and pains, you will have so much more energy and motivation. I personally feel 20 years younger! I wake up pain free now after getting a full night's rest! It had been years since I could say that. It will be a little tough in the beginning, but trust me, everyday it gets easier. I'm 7 months out now and I can eat pretty "normally" I don't feel restricted or deprived in any way. The healthy choices I make now come pretty naturally, it's become a "way of life." It's how I always hoped to live before, but somehow couldn't. This has given me a way to do that. I hope this will be all you want and need it to be for you. On those rough days in the beginning, just try to think of all that lies ahead of you! I wish you all the best and a speedy recovery! I'm glad you have Rebecca to guide you thru this! She has been a wonderful friend and immeasurable support to me thruout this process! I know she will be to you too! My prayers are with you! Rebeka 284/261/183/150 highest wt/surgery date wt/current/goal
jennb40
on 10/29/06 8:04 pm - Nashua, NH
Hi Beth...you are about to embark on the most amazing journey of your life. Many things are going to change for you and they should all be very positive! Congratulations on making a decision to take control of your life once again. It is going to be so exciting to watch all the changes - a smaller body for sure, but I think most importantly all the good things that will improve with your health. Feel free to lurk and post on this MARCHer's forum - we are a good, supportive group. Let us know how the surgery goes. Weight when I started the process: 379 Day of surgery weight: 351 Todays weight: 249 130 pounds lost so far! Hoping to get under 200! Good luck, our thoughts and prayers are with you....Barbara
Beckers
on 10/30/06 7:27 am - Cottage Grove, OR
Thank you everyone for your encouraging words! I know it will help her. Today she told me she feels like she "is on death row"... counting down the days til Friday's surgery. I told her it will be her REBIRTH, the day she will be born again. I remember how I felt at the hospital waiting to be wheeled into the operating room. I started rethinking my decision, thinking it was an elective surgery, and maybe I could just keep living as an obese person. I was terrified. Now I'm SO GLAD I went through with it!! Its the best decision I've made. Anyways, thanks again my fellow Marchers. I'm going to print this out on Thursday. *hugs* Bec
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views