Good afternoon!

BabyRuth2u
on 10/25/06 6:38 am - Pittsburgh, PA
Hi everyone, i did not forget about you this morning. I was out early with mom and then when I got home had a few things to do then took the dog for a nice long walk since I didnt make it to the gym this morning. I still may go tonight with Dave after dinner. I did a little over 2 miles which is great, but I think I need a little more. So we shall see. I have had a thought, a realization, a seeing of the light so to say lately. When I read Barbaras post below about the "1lb" it came to mind and I wanted to share. First let me say I loved the "1lb" story. I know we have all been fretting lately over slow weightloss or saying just as Barbara's post said "I've only lost 1 lb, 2lb etc" in whatever amount of time. I have taken on a new thought lately regarding losing smaller amounts (which are all now doing) that this is how a "normal" , "skinny", "thin" person loses. Think about it. When we are 300 plus lbs, we can basically sneeze and lose 5 lbs. Am I right? In the past when you were at your largest and you tried to lose weight. When you really stuck to your diet, didnt you lose like 10lbs in one week? Maybe even more? I have in the past. I can recall 11 lbs once in a week. So at a very large size it is much easier to lose that first initial BIG number. And as we have at the beginning of this journey we lost quick and hard! WoooHoooo.. That has allowed us to do so much we c ouldnt before. But the months have passed and the weight is coming off slower now. Now here is the new thought process. No, we are not there yet. We still have some weight to lose. But all of our "water" 'weight, the first weight is gone, now it's gonna be work. We are solid,, the weight we lose now is SOLID fat! So its' going to be harder. I'm taking a new attitude twoards the weight loss that I will have from here out. I am thinking of myself at an ALMOST "normal" person size, so each pound I lose is going to be harder. I think you all knew this, that a larger person as i said could quickly lose 5 lbs, but someone lets say who is 145 lbs and wants to lose 10 lbs, has a lot of hard work in store for them. It is NOT easy to lose 10lbs. At 300 plus lbs we think thats nothing, easy to come off, like I said we could do it in like a week when we were that size. But that 145 lb person has to really cut back and work extra hard for those measley 10 lbs. So that is how I am looking at it from now on. Thi**** me the other day and so Ive not been letting it bother me when the scale doesnt just move when I want it to. and I love and appreciate that "1lb". I worked hard for it and you know what? The "1lb" shows when I lose it too. I can feel my body in another transition mode. I can feel its shape changing. My waist is feeling tighter, smaller, my hips. So even though it's just "1lb",, or "5lbs" thats a big deal and at this point in our journeys its a big difference!!! I hope that makes sense and you can see how our weightloss now is going to be different than how it has been over the past 7 months. We are almost there, to whatever our goals are, so we are closer to what is deemed "normal", so we are going to start losing like "normal" people do. Hope that gives you some hope and inspiration as it has me. I have found comfort in it. I hope it ccontinues to comfort me. But who knows, next week I may be back here screaming because the scale hasnt moved. LOL Im thinking not. Because it makes a lot of sense to me. Hope you have been having a great day and got in some exercise. dont give up if you havent, there's plenty of time left in the day. Enjoy and be healthy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views