Can you all finish a whole 2 slice sandwich?

robinsaxton
on 10/25/06 5:08 am - Columbia, MD
Hi Dee. I do not usually eat bread. I have only had bread about 5 times in the past 7 months. I am able to eat one slice of whole wheat/grain bread with peanut butter on it. I have to eat it very slowly, 20 min, or else it hurts my tummy. I don't like the way bread feels in my pouch so I stay away from it. I have just gotten to where I can eat a whole wheat/lo-carb tortillia (the small ones for fajitas). They fill me up so fast that I don't always eat those either. I don't think it is a good idea for you to eat until you are "stuffed as all get out". You should eat until full and then throw the rest away. That's what I do. It either goes in the trash or immediately into a container and fridge for later. If I keep it in front of me (whatever it is) then I graze. Don't be mad at yourself. Just recommit yourself to listening to your pouch and doing what you are supposed to do to be successful. You are worth it. Stop telling yourself that you are going to fail and start telling yourself that you are a success and will maintain that success for LIFE!!! This is the place to come with all of our struggles in this journey. I find that staying active with the boards keeps me motivated and honest with myself. Hugs, Robin
AZGirl
on 10/25/06 7:28 am - On the coast of somewhere beautiful
I don't eat bread that often, so I really don't know. When I have the urge to eat a sandwich, I make it in a whole-wheat, low-carb tortilla and even then I can only eat about half. I have had a slice of 9 grain toast a few times with one scrambled egg, but I was stuffed. Bread makes me feel uncomfortable. Regarding the clothes....I understand where you are coming from. I donated a whole bunch of clothes and then later panicked because I was worried that I would "need" them again. After I got over the panic, I then realized that I won't need them again as long as I follow the rules and I refuse to allow myself to fail. Personally, I think if I had kept those clothes, I would have been setting myself up for failure. And I think you are right on when you said "I think this is setting me up for failure because I am already planning on returning." I couldn't agree more. You are worth it and you can do this. Do not let yourself fail. I know it's easy to say...believe me....but you can and will do this. You do not need to keep those clothes. You will succeed.
Nadine O.
on 10/27/06 10:14 am - Baltimore, MD
Yep, I can eat a whole peanut butter and jelly sandwich. But, it depends on weather I've eaten any thing else and the time in between. If it's been under an hour, I can't. I don't eat bread very often though. only about 2-3 times a week. It fills me up to quickly and then I can't get in my other nutrients. Nadine O.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views