Best wow so far

miminjoey
on 10/23/06 11:02 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
Ok so yesterday I go to the commissary ( grocery store ) and I show my ID to get in...the lady looks at it hands it back and says wait I need that back.....I am thinking ok it's not expired I just got it the end of April and it's good for like 5 years....the lady looks at it looks at me and says...(you're gonna love this).....either you lost a lot of weight and cut off your hair or this is not your ID card Mam I will need to see some other ID. WOOO HOOOOO! I was more then happy to give her my DL which of course even looks less like me sine I got it when I weighed 315. Then I smiled and said, see infact I did loose 93 pounds and I did cut off all my hair, I had gastric Bypass in March. The lady goes...GET OUT of here NO WAY!!!! Then honey I got questions for you!!! LOL she just got her referral from her doctor to see if she would qualify for the surgery...as we are talking a lady over hears us and says Oh I had it 3 years ago. 1.5 hours later I fianlly get to do my shopping and now have th phone number of some really cool ladies...and get this...lady checking ID's lives 5 houses down from me!!! How cool is that!!!???? Mimi
Mama-of-3
on 10/24/06 12:28 am - Philadelphia area, PA
How AWESOME!!!! Now you guys can do meals, excercise and just hang out togther. It must be great. I dont have any weight loss friends near me and my "old" friends are slowly dwindling down. I think it's jealousy but then I say WHO CARES?!?! If they cant accept me now then I dont need them. =)
miminjoey
on 10/24/06 8:39 am - Fort Bragg, NC
ACKKKK!!!! Tell me about it before surgery 99% of my friends were thin....and now half of them don't speak to me and I know they didn't all of a suden get busy. Oh well at least my sex life has rocketed!! Who new year #10 would be the best so far LOL!!! Mimi
jennb40
on 10/24/06 12:55 am - Nashua, NH
Well that is too cool!!!! Don't you just love this journey? This morning my boss (who was not my boss when I had the surgery) said..."wow Barbara, you are looking great" and I was so appreciative of her saying this. When I had my surgery she was the boss to my boss at the time and her nephew had just died 2 weeks before my surgery while recovering from WLS. She so tried to talk me out of it. I know when she looks at me she wishes her nephew had been so fortunate - he was young - only late 20's. He had multiple problems and they didn't do a leak test after his surgery and he did in fact have a leak which caused his body to eventually shut down from the infection I am guessing. He had so many other co-morbidities he just couldn't handle the extra stress on his body. But stories like that make me ever so grateful for my success with this journey. Not that I meant to get so dreary with this post....but back to you Mimi- that is good news to share! Barbara
BabyRuth2u
on 10/24/06 1:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA
That sounds very exciting! Woohoo for you and so cool on the new friends!!!
RebekaA
on 10/24/06 2:42 am - Inland Empire, CA
that's so cool Mimi! How fun to meet new people with common interests!
robinsaxton
on 10/24/06 2:44 am - Columbia, MD
That's so cool Mimi! It so great to get to share our success with others. It really lifts my spirits and I always feel so great about what I have accomplished. I had to give up both my old ID card and my drivers license. But before I did I had similar experiences with them. The lady who issued my new DL was commenting how great I looked and even made a copy of my old DL so I could use it in my scrap book. At a grocery store the cashier said that I must have lost a lot of weight cuz my picture sure didn't look like me. It was fun to hear that. And you have two new friends out if it. That's just like the cherry on top of the sundae! no sugar and lo-fat of course! Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/24/06 4:22 am - My Town, NH
Mimi, that's so cool! I think it's great to find others that can support you and who you can support as well. I'm headed to London in November and am a bit worried about my passport picture. I think it still looks like me, but my face is quite a bit different. If I get stuck in London and they won't let me back into the US, someone will have to come vouch for me! What a great WOW! Enjoy it! - Stephanie
Amy I.
on 10/25/06 3:04 am - KS
That is a fantastic story! You should be very proud of yourself, because I am of you! You changed so much that your ID doesn't even reflect who you are on the outside! I am soo jealous! I show my ID to get on post about every day and NOTHING yet! Keep up the great work and get your newly found neighbor to those free gyms with you! Amy I
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views