10 Things I REALLY want to believe...

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/06 10:50 pm - PA
Even though I hear it over and over, and have even repeated it to others, I still have a hard time believeing these phrases apply to me. 1. "The stall will not last forever." 2. "You may not be losing pounds, but you are losing inches." 3. "No, you are not DONE losing at 6 months.." 4. "It WILL grow back! There are no permanently bald bypass patients.." 5. "One bad food choice does not make you a failure. Move on." 6. "I doubt you have stretched your pouch." 7. "No, you are not eating too much." 8. "Increase your exercise, water and protien intake and let your tool work for you!" 9. "Your batwings don't look bad at all." and finally... 10. "There is no such thing as a fat size 8. A size 8 is an 8 no matter what store they came from. You would never have fit in any 8 before remember?" I do believe in fairies...I DO believe in fairies..I DO believe in fairies... Kathy
Sheila A.
on 10/20/06 12:25 am - Thermal, CA
Thank you so much for this post Kathy! Me too! I want to believe them too! Sheila 283/199/135
Lauren003
on 10/20/06 12:31 am - , NC
Amen! Number 3 is my personal nemesis.
Shana M.
on 10/20/06 1:56 am - KY
That is the complete truth!! Our intelligence tells us it's true but why are our brains not working!! Shana
robinsaxton
on 10/20/06 4:10 am - Columbia, MD
I believe...I believe...I believe... We just need to repeat this list to ourselves every day while looking in the mirror. I saw a show on Discovery Health Channel where this lady had bypass surgery and her new life included daily pep talks with herself while she sat on her bathroom counter and looked herself in the eyes, via her mirror. It was really neat to watch that. She would tell herself "I love you." and all kinds of great, positive truths. Hmmm, maybe I should give that a try. Hugs, Robin
RebekaA
on 10/20/06 7:54 am - Inland Empire, CA
LOL! Very well put! Esp. #10! I'll have to remember them all! Thanks for the laugh and inspiration today! Sending you best wishes
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/20/06 11:00 pm - My Town, NH
I want to believe these things too, Kathy! And I'll add one of my own. 11. "You CAN be normal!" I desperately want to believe that I can have a "normal" BMI. That, of course, means I need to weigh 159 pounds. I'm not sure that's possible. But I'm going to try very hard so that I can be "normal". Thanks for this list! Keep believing in you! Hugs, Stephanie
~ Stylz ~
on 10/21/06 8:46 am - North of Boston, MA
Are you a psychic Kathy??? how do you know what I"m thinking!! If a day goes by that I don't think about #4, 6 or 7 It wouldn't be a normal day
miminjoey
on 10/21/06 8:53 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Wow look there are usch things as fairies!!! number 3 is me! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!