OMG

sexysweetsweet69
on 10/15/06 5:39 am - Milwaukee, WI
Hi family, i wear braids, I got my hair done about a week before surgery, back in march so I won't have to be bothered with it. After that I got my hair did again in may, i noticed that my hair was thinning alittle but I put the braids back in and went on my merry way. Well those braid actually stayed in from may to october which is pretty long but I was still taking care of them( washing and conditioning). Well I took my braids out last night and permed my hair. I am sooo bald I just can't believe it. I cry for about a hour or two this morning. My friends and partner had to calm me down. My son told me I told you so mom protein and your vitamins. Unlike everyone here, I couldn't do the protein shake, I would gag every time I tried to drink them. I couldn't do the vitamins in pill form, so my partner went and bought me liquid miltuvitams and the b-12 was fine, the magnisum citrate was okay too. But I forget to take them. I got different people telling me different things. My nutristionist said 3 times a day multi vitamins. My dr said once a day. Now who do I follow? I am just really upset about my hair ( I know that it is my fault) but I was trying to get as much protein in my body as I can by eating. I had decided, to make myself get the 80 grams of protein that I need a day if it kills me. I AM FORCED NOW TO WEAR WIGS IT IS THAT BAD. Thank you family for letting me vent.
luckycat1
on 10/15/06 12:22 pm - Cincinnati, OH
. Your vitiams are very very important. I take two multi vits a day plus two calcium and a b-12 2x a week. My hair was thin to begin with so I always bought extra hair . Get your protein in and take your vitiams everyday not just for your hair but for entire health. MJ
(deactivated member)
on 10/15/06 9:59 pm - PA
I think everyone has lost quite a bit of hair..even with the vitamins and protien. I have tons of thick hair, but now I have a thin spot on top. When I wear a ponytail or have my hair pulled back in anyway, you can see my scalp. One of my friends in suuport group also had braids in her hair for the longest time. They actually started pulling her hair out even more. She took them out and wears wigs too. I have to say that I am jealous of her wigs. She always looks "done" and ready to go. I think she actually could go without them. Her hair underneath is very short with a few almost bald patches, but the natural look suits her very well. She has a really nice shaped head. Anyway, she (like me) now has fuzz growing in those patches. So it will grow back. I am supplementing with Biotin, but I think it is making the hair on my body grow faster too! Yuck! Just do your best with the protien and vitamins and remember, this too shall pass. Kathy
miminjoey
on 10/15/06 11:36 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
I am so sorry to hear about your hair but don't beat yourself up about it...My doctor says it has nothing to do with how much or how little protein you get but more about genetics and hormone levels. When i had all 3 of my kids I lost a ton of hair because of the change in hormones, so he told me I would do the same thing witht he WLS and he was right...the reason I have the super short hair cut. I do great at getting my protein in but really stink with the vitamins yet my levels are normal each month, go figure. The cool thing is...it comes back!!! Mimi
robinsaxton
on 10/16/06 1:00 am - Columbia, MD
I am sorry about your hair. I understand. We have all suffered hair loss. Some more than others. I can't believe how thin my hair is. I wear it up all the time just to hide the fact that it is so thin, dry and brittle. I have an appointment to get it cut short in a couple of weeks. I think that is the only way out of this. I don't think it can repair itself from this state and length. Keep working at getting in your protein and vitamins. You would have lost the hair anyway so do be too hard on yourself. You are doing wonderful. Our hair is so important to us though. Hang in there. I should start growing back in very soon. (At least that is what I am told.) Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/18/06 2:15 am - My Town, NH
I'm so sorry about your hair! I've been losing mine by the drain-full. It has slowed some but is still falling out. Vitamins and protein are important just for our general health so I hope that you are able to find a way to remember to meet both of those goals! You're still beautiful and are making tremendous progress! - Stephanie
Lauren003
on 10/19/06 5:31 am - , NC
Ugh.. Hopefully with the vites and extra protein your body'll stabilize more. With the multi-vites, I'd compromise and take one in the morning and one at night and "snack" on your calcium throughout the middle of the day so that it doesn't react with the iron in your multi. Keep us updated, okay!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views