thanks for the recipe review Mama!

~ Stylz ~
on 10/15/06 7:01 am - North of Boston, MA
I made Tooter's apple crisp today and its delish!! NatureSweet brown sugar can be bought online (netrition.com has it cheaper than bariatric eating), but I used splenda brown sugar. The package tells you to use 1/2 the amount required for the recipe (1/2c splenda brown sugar = 1c brown sugar). I used more like a tablespoon of cinnamon (love it), couple dashes of nutmeg and used smart balance margarine instead of butter. very very good!!! oh, incase you haven't seen it in stores, hood makes a sugar free whipped cream now!! its sweetened with splenda I put some of it ontop of the crisp and it melted in...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm heres the recipe incase anyone missed it Apple Crisp By Dame Tooter 4 cups apples, peeled, cored and sliced (Recommend: Granny Smiths or Golden Delicious) 1/3 cup Splenda or NatureSweet 1 tablespoon Krusteaz Pancake Mix 1 teaspoon Cinnamon 3/4 cup NatureSweet Brown Sugar or 1/3 and 1 T splenda brown sugar 3/4 cup rolled Oats 1/4 cup Krusteaz Pancake Mix 1/3 cup butter, melted Mix together 1/3 cup Splenda, 1 tablespoon Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and cinnamon. Add apple slices and toss to coat. Spread out in buttered baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oats, remaining Krusteaz Pancake Mix, and butter. Crumble over apple mixture and bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes. This is great by itself or served over no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream. Variations: Use equal amount of Pears instead of apples; use 1/2 apples and 1/2 pears and 1/2 tsp. nutmeg; use 3 cups peeled, pitted and cubed peaches instead of apples.
Mama-of-3
on 10/15/06 8:28 am - Philadelphia area, PA
Ah, so good huh? Glad you liked it. My family LOVES it! I also added nutmeg and a dash of pumpkin spice for taste. Ah....I want some now. HAHA
jennb40
on 10/15/06 10:57 pm - Nashua, NH
I made this recipe yesterday myself and it was so good. However, I doubled it and used the Splenda Brown Sugar, but I used 1 1/2 cups - not realizing it wasn't the same as Nature Sweet Brown Sugar....no wonder it was so good! Thanks for the recipe and thanks for setting me straight on the brown sugar! Barb
~ Stylz ~
on 10/18/06 11:02 pm - North of Boston, MA
I should have posted the link to the sugar.. http://www.netrition.com/steels_sweeteners_page.html they carry it in regular sf sugar, brown sugar and powdered sugar!
Beckers
on 10/16/06 12:56 pm - Cottage Grove, OR
I also made this yesterday Todd and I loved it!! It smelled so good out of the oven, too! Puts me in the "Fall" mood... I also used Splenda brown sugar, and it was a little too much (didn't adjust measurements for it). But no worries, we loved it Rebecca M. 269/175/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views