scale not moving!

HEATHER K.
on 10/12/06 11:15 pm - CORONA, CA
RNY on 03/24/06 with
I have been at the same number on the scale for 6 weeks!! I am 6 months and 2 weeks post op. Do I need to shock my body again with just protein to get it moving? Anyone else having or have had this problem for this long? Positive insight greatly appreciated.
(deactivated member)
on 10/13/06 12:53 am - PA
ME! ME! I hate the scale. I've changed some things, but it still hasn't moved. This lead to depression which lead to me going back to destructive behaviors. (see previous posts) So I guess we will have to accept that our bodies are going to do what they need to do when they feel like it. It needs time to adjust. Its hard not to think that we are done losing. People who are further post op have been right about eveything else I've come across. I am going to assume they are right about this too. Keep on using your tool and your body will follow. I am sooo close to being NORMAL its just extremely frustrating. I'm pretty sure it is happening to all of us. Kathy
robinsaxton
on 10/13/06 2:52 am - Columbia, MD
Heather, I know how you feel. My weight stalled for over 3 weeks. I have had several stalls over the past 7 months. They are so discouraging. This last one was the longest and hardest because I knew I was exercising so much and not seeing the results. I didn't do any kind of plateau buster diet. I just stuck with my plan, eating right, vitamins, protein, and consistent exercise. I began tracking my food to make sure I was getting the right things in. I am still lagging in protein a bit. I found that I was consuming about 40-45% fat! That is a lot. I have made some minor adjustments and had a loss again last week. Hang in there. You are doing very well. The scale will move again. Try tracking things for a week and see if you need to up your protein a bit or cut something else out. Make sure you are getting enough calories. We tend to want to cut back when the scale won't budge and that isn't always the right thing to do. I hope you see that scale start moving again really soon. Hugs, Robin
Shana M.
on 10/13/06 7:36 am - KY
I'm right there with you! I've been sitting on the same weight for about 6 weeks now. I just keep telling myself it will start again. I've had weveral long periods of time over the last 6 1/2 months where I would stop losing and this is hopefully just another one. Good luck!! Shana
miminjoey
on 10/13/06 8:45 am - Fort Bragg, NC
Oh I know I thought I was never going to move I sat at the same weight 8 weeks...and finally this weekend it moved 2 pounds...may be little but I'll take it!! Mimi
cheryl719
on 10/13/06 1:17 pm - AMES, IA
Oh good -- I thought it was just ME -- I was down 80 lbs at 5 1/2 months -- but have not lost a pound in 7-8 weeks now. ****ep seeing Jack Nicholson in my head -- saying "What if this is as good as it gets?" from the movie of the same name) I keep worrying that this is "it" -- that my body has decided it wants to STAY at this weight..... I am still doing all the right things -- exercise, eating right, etc..... and will try to stay positive for a while longer -- but it is VERY FRUSTRATING. It does help to know it's not "just me". thinner thoughts to us all............Cheryl
Lauren003
on 10/13/06 9:35 pm - , NC
It must be something we're all going through. I've noticed that I've become a bit complacent in eating fat and less protein grams so I've added another protein drink (makes 3 a day!!) to try to stay within my 102-122 range. Aunt Flo's visiting now so I'll see after she scrams if the increased protein has helped.
jerseygirl3
on 10/15/06 9:11 am - Little Egg Harbor, NJ
I had lap band on 3/6/06 and I've been stalled for the past two months. My surgeon told me not to decrease my food intake or make any changes to it (after we went over what I've been eating), but rather to increase my exercise. I had been doing 30 minutes/day. He told me to increase it to 45 or 60 minutes/day. I did that and voila! The scale dropped 3 lbs. after one week of instituting more exercise. Jo-Ann
JESS S.
on 10/16/06 7:59 pm - SOUTH ST PAUL, MN
My silly scale hadn't moved in AGES- until I went for my 6 month checkup. My nut told me to cut back on fruits, vegies (I couldn't believe it!) and other carbs. Now, I eat protien excusively for two meals a day and few carbs in the evening. Not only have I been less hungry but THE SCALE IS MOVING AGAIN. 2 pounds to go and I will be down 100 pounds! Good luck with getting your scale moving again--you can always try talking nice to it, scales love flattery.
(deactivated member)
on 10/17/06 2:06 pm
I have two bathroom scales. Honestly, I get on them about 8-15 times a day hoping, praying that those pieces of trash would move but, after I eat that cup cake and cookies what do I expect. I am exercising 3-4 times per week on my treadmil and burning at least 600 calaries and still no moment. I may loose about .5 pounds every two weeks and this has been going on for about 12 weeks. Funny, if I am home on the weekend and get up to exercise and only have my protein drink I loose so much weight but by the time I eat my lunch the weight is back on. I wish I could make it the whole day off of a protein drink but it just aint happening, I am just too darn hungry all of the darn time and think the stupid cards that I can't stop eating is making me slow down and I know it but I really have to pray on this one because I can not stop eating them. I am still chewing my food to mush and eating a chip or cheese puff that disolves almost instantly is so much easier for me to eat. Good luck to everyone because this is a struggle we will have to live with for the rest of our lives.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views