Halloween suggestions....

jennb40
on 10/11/06 3:35 am - Nashua, NH
I saw this posted on another forum. I know we are all going through some "we are over the honeymoon period" and things are certainly more tempting now than right after our surgery. I am going to follow these "suggestions" below and perhaps you might want to also. I love Halloween - and still do - even though the candy might have previously been my favorite part! Anyway - enjoy the season! Barbara Halloween can be a scary time... ghosts, goblins, witches, and candy everywhere you look. While enjoying a few sweet treats can be fun, read on for some tips to help avoid overindulging during this ghoulish season. Wait til the last minute. Don't be tempted by bags of Halloween candy sitting around the house waiting for the costumed masses. Instead, buy your trick-or-treater's candy on the 30th. Buy and give out candy that you personally don't like. Don't shop for candy when you are hungry. Give it all out! Looming leftovers can get you in trouble. If you do have leftovers, get excess candy out of the house on November 1st: Donate to a local charity or church Bring it into work -- leave extra treats in your office kitchen or bring to a team meeting Give to your doorman if you live in an apartment Offer leftovers to friends or neighbors Can't get rid of it? Dump it. Don't feel guilty. You'll feel worse on the scale after eating what's left.
luckycat1
on 10/11/06 11:58 am - Cincinnati, OH
this is great. thanks for posting. because I am allergic to nuts I usually only buy things with nuts so that I am not tempted. anyway I dump on sugar and that is not a fun feeling. MJ
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/12/06 11:33 am - My Town, NH
Hiya Barbara. My husband and I are going out on a date for Halloween this year. We decided not to buy candy to hand out to the kids so that we can avoid the temptation. He's trying to lose a few pounds too. So we'll go have dinner and see a movie and miss all of the sugary festivities. That's my strategy. I doubt the kids in my neighborhood will appreciate this new approach! Somehow, I don't think they will suffer that much. I'm certain they will have plenty of candy when the night is over. Hugs, Stephanie
miminjoey
on 10/12/06 10:56 pm - Fort Bragg, NC
great suggestions...thankfully candy makes me puke...I have ours hidden in my closet and hubby is the one to pass it out so no taste testing for me...the bad thing is with 3 kids they come back with about as much as we hand out! Hubby usually takes it in to work....like a handful at a time. One year he took it all at once and i thought the boys were going t beat him up LOL!! Mimi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views