OT: New cakes

Darlene X
on 10/10/06 4:03 am - Maricopa, AZ
So did I tell you I got Hubby coming to the cake decorating classes? LOL This weekend my sister in law was blessing her twins at church (Kind of like a christening), anyway afterwards everyone gets together for dinner... so Hubby and I made Baby Blessing cakes. I baked the cakes, and then I decorated one, and Hubby did one. EJ did an awesome job! This is his first cake. The pink one is for the girl Reagan (I did this one) and the blue one is for Warner (EJ did that cake). Pics: http://imageevent.com/endkennels/personalphotos/cakes
BabyRuth2u
on 10/10/06 4:17 am - Pittsburgh, PA
They are both GORGEOUS!!! I'm really wanting to take these classes!! LOL I think I'm going to check out the website for Michaels / JoAnn Fabrics around here and see what they have coming up. Looks like so much fun, the pride after accomplishing one would be great!! My only problem is that I don't have any desire to mix and bake a cake and make icing. LOL I just want to decorate. I like the artistic part of it, not the homebody part. I don't like to cook! LOL Question.. I'm wondering about how tired your arms are after decorating a cake with that basket weave. LOL I would think that would be a lot of hard work. Getting toned up with that? They look wonderful!! Thank you so much for sharing, I really do enjoy seeing them
Darlene X
on 10/10/06 4:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
Mixing, baking the cake & making the icing is the worst part! LOL. Its a lot of hard work and needs to be spread out over a few days. I had to make 4 batches of my buttercream for those cakes, and that takes a while... but once thats done its all the fun of decorating... I had a near disaster on mine... I needed the cake propped up higher when doing my basketweave, and didnt sit it on something very sturdy--- the cake fell but I caught it, my baskerweave at the back had to be fixed, and a little patch up work, but it all turned out good... My next class is Friday and we are learning how to make some royal flowers YAY!
robinsaxton
on 10/10/06 4:38 am - Columbia, MD
Darlene, You are so good at decorating cakes. Wow. And you've got hubby into it too. That's cool. Thanks for sharing. Hugs, Robin
Stephanie Smiles
on 10/10/06 5:22 pm - My Town, NH
WOW! The cakes are beautiful. I'm glad you are enjoying your class. It's so much fun to create something that others can enjoy! - Stephanie
Lauren003
on 10/13/06 9:59 pm - , NC
WOW! Those look better than any bakery cake that I've seen! How do you get the surface to be so smoothe??
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone look in here anymore???
Laura A. · 1 replies · 651 views
Hey Rick, today's our day!!
Laura A. · 1 replies · 747 views
It's OUR month Marchers!!
Laura A. · 0 replies · 686 views
Wow, its almost 8 years!
LisaS · 0 replies · 830 views